• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally got my first Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations... I have to ask did you heart shoot it as to why no blood?

To be honest I'm not sure, I could barely tell what I was looking at while gutting it as I left my headlamp in the truck. The chest cavity was full of blood though.

To be honest I'm not sure, I could barely tell what I was looking at while gutting it as I left my headlamp in the truck. The chest cavity was full of blood though.

Was just curious, have had that happen before bow hunting. The heart is good to eat right along with the inner tender loins. Good luck on the next hunt...

Congrats! I can't say that I've ever had much of a blood trail to work with -- centerfire, muzzleloader or bow. It's either a *bang, drop* or a shot, run & bloodless tracking job. They've never gone very far -- 100 yards at the most. But I've come to not expect any blood trail for any weapon anymore. It's more of a bonus to confirm that I'm on the right trail.

But I sure relate to the uncertainty of not knowing for that time you spend looking. It's gut-wrenching to me -- every time.

Hey, that was a great hunt! It's true, you'll always remember that first deer. And that's a very fine looking rifle you used. Congratulations.

Congratulations! That's an awesome buck and pretty rifle! I started laughing when I read the part about having the whole place to yourself because of the drag! I do that same thing where I am at! Good stuff!

Back