• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally did sometihing with it....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what did ya use to darken the antler Joe?
as to the tines, I would trim down the top tine and round off the bottom a bit, so you can get forward pressure on the blade from the rear of the handle. It would also help it carry in the sash or on the belt more comfortable I bet.
thanks for the info!
be safe... Ted

Ted, I used Fiebings saddle tan leather dye reduced 50% with denatured alcohol. This gives the antler a light brown to yellow color. I let dry and then buff high lights with 3-0 steel wool. After that I spread on the country color red barn water based stain and paint let set for a couple of minutes and then wipe off. I repeat the red barn stain( which is really a chestnut brown) in areas that I want darker. Let everything dry and then buff lightly with 3-0 steel wool.

img_0398.jpg

All the girls I go out with really like the looks of it.

Joe

I would say leave'em,But if your still undecided sent it to me I will test it out and let know for the next one you make. :grin: Nice knife,anvil

I like a longer handle, and there is additional heel support at the back of the handle whether using an upstroke or downstroke. I'd keep the fork. Your knife is beautiful Claude. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back