• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Final Reduction!! French Type "D" Trade Gun $1800

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here is a beautiful French Type "D" Fusil that I planned to keep but can't, so it's in need of a good home.
It is an AMAZING fowling piece- here is it in action today:

I am lowering the price a final time. I cant go lower. This fine Fusil can be yours for $1,800 plus partial shipping ($20 shipping east of the Mississippi and $50 west of the Mississippi- Lower 48 states only). Ships in wooden crate.
I had the opportunity to shoot it with patched round ball as well and was delighted with how it preformed. The lock is very fast and ignition excellent. Though I was shooting 90 grains of 2f with a .580 ball, the recoil was almost nil, and actually felt much less recoil than any of my other long guns! No cheek slap, either.
The specs of this gun are:
Lock is by Larry Zornes, the French Type D Flintlock (also listed in MBS)
Barrel is also from the Mold and Gun Shop and is .62 Caliber/20 gauge. Length is 41" long. Octagon to Round with lovely wedding band and fluting. It is tapered and quite thin at the muzzle.
The stock is lovely Black Walnut, and the furniture is brass.
Pull length is 13- 3/4". Drop at heel is 3- 1/2 "
Weigh of the Fusil is just under 7 pounds (on our bathroom scale).

Additional photos upon request, and I can Face-Time on iPhone as well.

Payment options can be Postal Money order or PP f/f. If nearby, personal delivery possible.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Fusil 11.jpg
    Fusil 11.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 394
  • Fusil 5.jpg
    Fusil 5.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 428
  • Fusil 7.jpg
    Fusil 7.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 411
  • Fusil 9.jpg
    Fusil 9.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Fusil 10.jpg
    Fusil 10.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 391
  • Fusil 12.jpg
    Fusil 12.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 396
  • Fusil 14.jpg
    Fusil 14.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 406
  • Fusil 13.jpg
    Fusil 13.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 384
  • Fusil 18.jpg
    Fusil 18.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 358
  • Fusil 1.jpg
    Fusil 1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Pathfinder is this the one you built from a Clay Smith kit?

Here is a beautiful French Type "D" Fusil that I planned to keep but can't, so it's in need of a good home.
I am asking $2,300 plus partial shipping ($20 shipping east of the Mississippi and $50 west of the Mississippi- Lower 48 states only).
I had the opportunity to shoot it today and was delighted with how it preformed. The lock is very fast and ignition excellent. Though I was shooting 90 grains of 2f with a .580 ball, the recoil was almost nil, and actually felt much less recoil than any of my other log guns! No cheek slap, either.
The specs of this gun are:
Lock is by Larry Zornes, the French Type D Flintlock (also listed in MBS)
Barrel is also from the Mold and Gun Shop and is .62 Caliber/20 gauge. Length is 41" long. Octagon to Round with lovely wedding band and fluting. It is tapered and quite thin at the muzzle.
The stock is lovely Black Walnut, and the furniture is brass.
Pull length is 13- 3/4". Drop at heel is 3- 1/2 "
Weigh of the Fusil is just under 7 pounds (on our bathroom scale).

Additional photos upon request, and I can Face-Time on iPhone as well.

Payment options can be Postal Money order or PP f/f. If nearby, personal delivery possible.

Thanks for looking!
Looks real good, just like I like em, good luck!

That is a beautiful job on that trade gun What is the time period for the type D I can't remember
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back