• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WITHDRAWN Final Price drop! Hege-Siber .33cal Gold Medal Edition Target Pistol Cased Set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What I have for sale today is a .33 caliber Hege-Siber percussion target pistol gold medal edition cased set made for the French Shooting Federation. This pistol is in unfired condition and the case has the brass plaque of the U.S. Historical Society.
There is some history here. In the 1850s Swiss Watch and Gunmaker and accomplished pistol shooter Jeanne Siber designed a pistol that swept the competition of the day. Originals were used to good effect in MLAIC competition. Sometime in the late 1970s to early 1980s the MLAIC opened competition to allow some authentic reproductions. The German firm of Hege chose to reproduce exactly Siber's pistol including the features as short throw fast lock time, single set trigger, breeching system, rifling system and elevation adjustable rear and windage front sights. The MLAIC approved the Hege-Siber for competition and for a number of years, until the upsurge of the underhammers, was the pistol to beat in the Kuchenruetter match.
The basic pistol was sold in the U.S. by Beeman's. A fancy cased set was brought out by Hege after the French, early on, won gold at the MLAIC with the Hege-Siber. This set was only available in Europe until the U.S. Historical Society, never one to miss an opportunity, bought up 500 sets and marketed them in the U.S. as an instant collectable at $3000 a set. A lot of money in 1980s dollars.
This is one of those sets. All the Society did was put a brass plaque on the lid of the case made for the French shooting federation. The pistol is more ornate than the basic pistol with the gold inlay and comes with the accessories shown. It has the Hege trademark and German proofs on the underside of the barrel.
I am asking $1575 plus shipping anywhere in the CONUS it is legal to ship to. Payment by postal money order or personal check with time to clear.
Price drop $1400 plus shipping.
Final price drop. $1200 plus shipping.

Attachments

• siber1.JPG
    siber1.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 5
  • siber2.JPG
    siber2.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 0
  • siber3.JPG
    siber3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 0
  • siber4.JPG
    siber4.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
  • siber5.JPG
    siber5.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 0
  • siber6.JPG
    siber6.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
  • siber11.JPG
    siber11.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
What is in the drawstring bag? How long is the barrel? How much does the gun weigh? Thanks I have a kuchenreuter but’s it too heavy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back