• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD FIE 1849 Pocket blackpowder revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
FIE 1849 Pocket blackpowder revolver

* * * SOLD pending funds 12/9/21 * * *

- 31 caliber (blackpowder only)
- 5-shot engraved clyinder
- 4" octagonal barrel
- brass frame, backstrap, and triggerguard
- all serial numbers match (XX702)
- Date code "XXX" (manufactured in 1974)
- Solid shooter, good condition, functions as expected
- good bore/no rust (anywhere)

I acquired this from a fellow TMF member as a project, and after tinkering (and installation of a new hand assembly), it functions as it should, and shoots quite nicely!

Two out-of-the-norm items:
- There is a visible gap between the clyinder and forcing cone when the hammer is at rest (can be seen clearly in photo #2), but the gap all-but-disappears when the hammer is fully cocked (see photos #4 and #5). After shooting in a session during which I also fired a brand new Pietta 1849 Pocket, I didn't experience any more more (or any less) escaping gasses from the clyinder/cone gap, so other than aesthetically, the gap is a non-issue (at least to me).
- Prior to my getting this Pocket, the hammer bolt was replaced with a non-standard bolt. It is clearly visible in the photos. Doesn't affect function, as far as I can tell.

No box or papers. If you're looking for a collector piece, keep browsing (unless you *really* need a brass-frame FIE for your collection); but if you want a shooter, this is the perfect example!

If you're in the Phoenix-metro area, I can meet in person (less $10 for in-person), or shipped to lower 48 U.S. states.

$310 shipped to the lower 48.

* * * SOLD pending funds 12/9/21 * * *

20211125_143932.jpg
20211125_144054.jpg
20211125_144037.jpg
20211125_144227.jpg
20211125_144252.jpg20211125_144021.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back