• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fg in Zouave?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't but it should go bang alright.
Second question only you can answer by trying. Why do you need stout? Too much pressure will give lousy accuracy if you are using old style minie.

Was thinking of working up a hunting round ball load. I have a lot of 1F that I use in my cannon.

Dunno Zouave from beans, but I'm really pleased with the performance of 1f with both shot and round ball from 62, 72 and 75 cal smoothies. Whole lotta guys figure it's "too course" without ever actually trying it. Kinda like the days when we were all told you couldn't use 3f in anything bigger than 45 caliber.... That and a dime still won't buy a cup of coffee.

RDR45 said:
Was thinking of working up a hunting round ball load. I have a lot of 1F that I use in my cannon.

OK, legit reason. But, when folks here want to use "stout" loads it sends up red flags for me. Keep your charges at safe levels. That round ball pushed by 60-70 gr. of bp will kill most anything you want.

I got a can of 1f by mistake. I asked for 2 or 3f but don't remember and it was some time ago. That shop has since stopped selling BP anything and they were the last shop in town to sell real BP. I was thinking of mixing it 50/50 with 2f and shooting it in my 58 that way it doesn't go to waste and I get some use out of it at least.

U can't really mix "sizes" well though Schuetzen Reenactor includes from large 4 to some 1, and it didn't burn completely in my Bess with 80 grains of powder only but was throwing Fg...

No problem mixing granulations. I used to do it with left over powder when a lot number batch was running low in my serious X hunting days. Only downside is it will be a bit inconsistent for accuracy purposes but still minute of deer for hunting.

Latest posts

Back