• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fed Ex Smart Post

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Col. Batguano

75 Cal.
Reaction score
We had a thread going on USPS and their less than stellar performance which got abandoned a few weeks ago.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/usps.127714/page-3
I can now add Fed Ex Smart Post to the list of shipping methods to avoid. I had a shipment (just a 3 pound box with a water filter in it) that was supposed to be shipped to me in mid Jan from CA which went by Fed Ex Ground. I thought fine, 3-5 business days I can live with. It turned out they used Fed Ex Smart Post, which Fed Ex just picks up the packages and delivers them to USPS for ACTUAL shipping and delivering. Fed Ex is just the middle man. Same slow service as regular USPS, which is just an abbreviation for; "We're pretty bad at our jobs and don't care".

Pretty much everything I order online is delivered by FedEx. I have to say that they're good to me. Except for the one time I ordered some bullets from muzzleloaders.com
I was wondering what happened to my order, when I got a call from a guy at a hunting ranch up north of me. My bullets were delivered to the ranch. It was about a 80 mile round trip to collect my package.
I called FedEx to express my dissatisfaction. The lady I talked to was very apologetic. I later got a call from a supervisor. He was very sorry for what happened.
Would have been a nice gesture if they sent me a few bucks for my trouble or refunded the shipping costs.

Did you ask them to give you some kind of credit or refund? They are pretty well trained to listen to irate customers and say "I'm sorry" all day long. Have you ever talked to a German in Germany? The first words out of their mouth in almost every conversation start with; "We're sorry for starting World War Two...."

Regular Fed Ex Ground they retain control of the package throughout the route. Fed Ex Smart Post (an oxymoron) is ground, but the USPS is the one in control of the package. So you have to be specific and ask what flavor of Fed Ex Ground the shipper is using. If you're just clicking on a web site that can be hard to figure out, because it usually isn't specified.

Back