• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

February 2023 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary, thanks for the work you do for this monthly challenge.
Suggestion
How about just a sheet of white printer paper, or anything else and a 5 shot center to center group? Smallest group wins.

Gary, thanks for the work you do for this monthly challenge.
Suggestion
How about just a sheet of white printer paper, or anything else and a 5 shot center to center group? Smallest group wins.
Now that sounds interesting. I’m thinking maybe make that a side match for March. I already have a target made up for March and we can include your suggestion to shoot at a blank sheet of white paper for smallest group - sounds like fun!

Gary, here’s one with a pistol
Pedersoli LePage
.36 cal percussion
.350 RB/.020 patch/Ballistol-water lube
15 gr Swiss 3F
AB2773CF-8F39-4896-9855-7F6982E74DA9.jpeg

figured i had better get er done! snowing but could see the target at 25 yards so went for it.
typical for me. i filed the front sight on my TMR .45 last night. seems i got it close!
if my fingers and toes can add correctly i scored 44! enjoying the .45 more and more.

Attachments

• 20230228_113006.jpg
    20230228_113006.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230228_114412.jpg
    20230228_114412.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
figured i had better get er done! snowing but could see the target at 25 yards so went for it.
typical for me. i filed the front sight on my TMR .45 last night. seems i got it close!
if my fingers and toes can add correctly i scored 44! enjoying the .45 more and more.
Thanks deerstalkert - I agree - 44 is the score - you beat me!

Crockett 32 caliber rifle
.310 cast ball
15 grains of Shutzen FFFG
Remington #11 caps
.015 patch
And until they ran out. A home made wad soaked in olive oil

I scored it as a 38 but GaryPL said I could count the extra ball in the middle as a 5 so it is a 42 score. This one was tough so I kinda guessed where to aim.

Attachments

• IMG_20230228_164616896_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20230228_164616896_HDR~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Crockett 32 caliber rifle
.310 cast ball
15 grains of Shutzen FFFG
Remington #11 caps
.015 patch
And until they ran out. A home made wad soaked in olive oil

I scored it as a 38 but GaryPL said I could count the extra ball in the middle as a 5 so it is a 42 score. This one was tough so I kinda guessed where to aim.
Looks like a 43 total Kerry - glad you were able to get this finished!

20230301_075922.jpg

Those little circles were dancing! Seemed like the ferris wheel was turned on. Thank you for putting these together Gary and to everybody that posted. (I left my target out the shop last night so I didn't get it posted till this morning)

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally had a nice day to go out and shoot a round. I know I am a day late, but I thought I would shoot it anyway.

Attachments

• F4917B9A-4F7E-45D7-A216-0A0F9F4592EB.jpeg
    F4917B9A-4F7E-45D7-A216-0A0F9F4592EB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Very nicely done Richard!.
Believe that your target racked up 55 honest points.

View attachment 202466
Those little circles were dancing! Seemed like the ferris wheel was turned on. Thank you for putting these together Gary and to everybody that posted. (I left my target out the shop last night so I didn't get it posted till this morning)
Thanks for posting Freedom - I also see a score of 42! I think we will all do better with the March target!

A trick I use when trying to figure out where 50% of the hole is in situations like this is to lay my target on top of a blank target so I can see the intact lines through the hole.

Good shooting Richard!

Chris

Back