• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Favorite Production Guns

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thompson Center for me. 2 Renegades percussion and flint, 2 Hawkens percussion and flint, New Englander with 12ga barrel only and a Big Boar. They have all served me very well.

So do I. This one fits me well and smooth bores are so versatile. It may be my favorite, just don’t tell the other two.😉
If one were allowed a single firearm, a 12ga scattergun would have to be the best choice. I am hard pressed to think of another firearm that is as flexible at adaptation to just about any hunting situation.

I have a TC Hawken kit rifle - one of the old ones that you had to draw file the barrel. Guess it dates from the 70's. And a brand new Crockett .32 that is a lot of fun. A few others from hand cannons to revolvers to a homemade matchlock. They all go boom just fine.
I absolutely love my .32 Crockett. Somehow it is the most fun gun I have. Always wanted a matchlock. It's about as primitive a rifle as they come and a nice challenge to shoot.

Was just taking pictures for inventory records so will throw this out there. All I have are production guns and any one of them could be my "favorite" on any given day but the two that I enjoy shooting most are the Bess carbine and the big flint pistol.

new.jpg

J Browning Mountain rifle is my favorite. Had it bored from a 54 to a 58cal and am very pleased with the results. It's hard to call it a production rifle but it was factory made. I did fill in the crescent butt plate with a wooden form that I made and a lace-on leather cover. I hate crescent butt plates!

I prefer the T.C. Cherokee for youth , women , and smaller men. Production guns are basicly "one size fits all" types so each person will have a preference as to which type fits them.Since I have longer arms and learned to shoot when I was younger I find no production rifle really "fits" me.

I have a very nice quality .75 caliber Brown Bess made by Miroku back in the 1970's with a cherry stock. A Pedersoli .45 caliber Kentucky rifle, a custom made (don't know the builder) .50 caliber Tennessee style rifle and a nice custom made (don't know it's builder either) Colonial style .45 caliber rifle with a Ed Rayl barrel.

Attachments

• Brown Bess under Declaration of Independence 2-10-20.jpg
    Brown Bess under Declaration of Independence 2-10-20.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 78
  • my Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock 12-13-20.jpg
    my Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock 12-13-20.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 86
  • my Tennessee flintlock long rifle 5-18-2019.jpg
    my Tennessee flintlock long rifle 5-18-2019.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Flintlock with barrel refinished in the white 1-26-21.jpg
    Flintlock with barrel refinished in the white 1-26-21.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 78
I have my trusty old Traditions Woodsman mfg in 1996, an old Trad. Deerhunter from 2001, an old 1884 Springfield Trapdoor 45-70, and a Kashtuk Fowler on the way (my first flintlock) just waiting for all the parts to come so he can start the build... in addition to the long guns I have a pair of Pietta 51 Navies and a 58 NMA... I must say my current fav is still the Woodsman since I don't actually have the fowler yet...

Lets see I have a Allen Arms Hawken about 1975, Hatfield Mountain rifle about 1986, Hatfield long rifle early 80s, Lyman GPR newer, Pedersoli , Kentucky pistols .45 and .54, boxed set of Pedersoli Le Page dueling pistols. I think that's about all the productions guns I have.

A350535F-06C1-4D6F-9AF8-5E1EACFFF979.jpeg

My favorites, 2 Ultra Hi Kentucky’s, the T/C New Englander(12) and
an unmentionable .32 Muzzle Loader(yes, it loads a .300 PRB from the muzzle, I couldn’t get it out of the photo).

I have a very nice quality .75 caliber Brown Bess made by Miroku back in the 1970's with a cherry stock. A Pedersoli .45 caliber Kentucky rifle, a custom made (don't know the builder) .50 caliber Tennessee style rifle and a nice custom made (don't know it's builder either) Colonial style .45 caliber rifle with a Ed Rayl barrel.
GAWD! I've wanted a Brown Bess since I was 10.

Latest posts

Back