• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite Colt Black Powder Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some have beads and some have blades. I usually don't mess with my sights--I just learn where the revolver likes to shoot and hold low or high as needed. Windage is another matter, but the only time I had a problem with windage I cut a dovetail in the barrel and used a blade sight that I could drift for adjustment. This was a '51 Navy and the octagon barrel made dovetailing easy.

You will have to change both front and rear sights to lower or otherwise effect your POA. As stated above, I added a taller front bead and lowered the rear sight using a hacksaw on the hammer slot to bring my Tuco Special into line. And, yes, bead sights are PC.

2004 to 2007 wow.

I have to say the 1860 Army - I have two - one original and one chopped. They both shoot to point of aim at 10 yards.
HPIM0303.JPG

Being a fan of the movie "The Outlaw Josie Whales" though, I am hankerin for a 1848 Dragoon - probably the 3rd model. $320 from Dixie....

Thanks! Yes, I am a good customer of Midway! I get their weekly e-mail.

They carry the Uberti 1848 dragoons too :)

Josie Wales used Walkers, not Dragoons, so you may have to pay a little more than anticipated. Like your guns, though I'm assuming you meant "original configuration" rather than "original" 1860 Army, which is a whole different ballgame...

J.S. Colt said:
Josie Wales used Walkers, not Dragoons, so you may have to pay a little more than anticipated. Like your guns, though I'm assuming you meant "original configuration" rather than "original" 1860 Army, which is a whole different ballgame...

Well, good thing you're hanging around to keep me straight! :blah: :winking:

I doubt anyone thought that my 1860 was an antique but technically, yes you are right. And I was wondering about Josie's primary sidearms - they did look too big for dragoons but Clints got big hands, so it makes em look smaller. Still, the longer mid-section should have given it away. He also used 1860's in the movie - at the start. Been a while since I've seen the movie - will have to watch it again!

I still like the dragoons. :)

I prefer to carry my 1862 pocket police pistol on my hip when I do civil war reenacting. It's small to carry and light enough that it doesn't add to what we already carry in the field when we do a reeenactment. Also it fits my hand a bit better than a full size pistol. It gives a big enough bang to get attention also from the crowd when fired. And stores easily in my tent. :grin:

My vote if for the 51 Navy w/square trigger guard. Like the way it feels and points. The TEXAS naval scene has nothing to do with it :grin: well, maybe a little bit!

Chris

I guess my overall favorite is my engraved '60 Army with its ivory handles, but my Walkers are a close second. Then there's my square back Navies....

Back