• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

WANTED Fast lock-time flintlock pistol .

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting request...Fast is mostly up to the operator if lock , flint and touch hole are set up correctly. Any flinter can be fast by my observation...Or slow...Point being is you can not buy fast but you can learn fast...c

A high-end lock is usually faster than a second rate piece. Fastest ever were the late flint locks by Manton and contemporaries. (Say 1810 -1825)
French cock, roller frizzen and inset breech all add speed....
When I say French cock, these were good because they stood up well to the short throw and V strong mainsprings used in these locks.

Good luck with your search, Robby.

Does anybody have a photo of these things? I've only read about Manton and Nock, and it said these mods were popular with fowlers and duelers, if my ancient memory serves. A good photo would be great! Tinhorn

Back