• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fancy Camp Beds

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it!
What are you going to use for a mattress ?

I have an old French Army cotton and batting sleep roll (photo below) that I plan to make a ticking cover for. It does feel comfy on the ropes. I’ll throw on a couple of large hair on deer hides too. I like them. Then my regular blanket roll and hemp groundcloth.

Einseider, your bed looks a lot like my rope bed. I did mortise and tenon joints so there are no bolts to hold it together. The ropes will not let the joints come apart during camp. It is very comfortable with a ticking mattress, but a pain to set up. I need a long camp time to justify setting up the rope bed.

Grenadier,

I hope to get to try it out next weekend at an 1820’s even down here. I haven’t finished a tick cover for the cotton pads (I have two now!). But I can cover them adequately. Report to follow.

Well I got to try out my new bed this past weekend! Wow! It is most comfy and doesn’t take me long to set up or tear down. Temps at night and into the morning were in mid to low 30’s.
Slept very well!

Back