• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Fairbanks/ Interior Ak. muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor#0

Bushwhacker
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I've noticed there's a few of us here in the Fairbanks/ Interior area. Not sure if anyone is interested but thought it might be fun to get together with other black powder shooters at some point, maybe a day at the range or just get together and BS.

I've noticed there's a few of us here in the Fairbanks/ Interior area. Not sure if anyone is interested but thought it might be fun to get together with other black powder shooters at some point, maybe a day at the range or just get together and BS.
That would be fun. We used to have a club here, The Midnight Sun Muzzleloaders, but they're inactive now, as far as I know.

Don't like the 58? I have a 62 fowler and I prefer it to a rifle too. Would love to have a fusil de chasse canoe gun with 28" barrel, Sitting fox does them but out of my price range right now.

I like it, just like the 54 with swamped barrel I acquired last summer better, you know how some just feel right and some don't. I have other trade stock also.

Gotcha, my son is thirteen and looking to get his first muzzleloader. He wants a 62 smoothbore as well so I've been trying to keep my eye out for something reasonable for him to start out with.

I have a Jackie Brown 62 smoothbore, however I'm not looking to get rid of it. I am looking for a trade gun with say a 30"ish barrel but I prefer a lefty. I've been looking at Rob M.'s trade guns and considering having him build me one. My son just ordered a 62 smoothbore with 38" barrel from John Pruitt, he offered to build him one at a price I couldn't refuse. Looking to wheel and deal?

I have a Pedersoli indian trade gun and a Pedersoli Kentucky that will be sold or traded for a fusil, when the opportunity arises.As to the ? just curious about what your shooting. I have wanted a fusil de chasse ever since I found Keith burgess yt page a decade ago. The English fowler are nice, but, man, I sure like the look of the French stock.

I've never shot a fusil however they do have a neat look to them, i've heard some say there is some cheek slap. I sold my flintlock rifle many moons ago after I got my smoothbore I enjoyed shooting it more and it was plenty accurate enough and I haven't bought another flintlock rifle since. It seems like the smoothbores are getting popular these days, maybe folks are starting to realize how versatile they are. From squirrel to moose they will do it all. We will be bear baiting this spring and I'm hoping my son will be able to take his first big animal with his smoothbore. We'll have to figure out a get together this summer at some point and maybe do some shooting.

For my ak peeps, reminder, I have 2 flint rifles for sale and a tradegun, pedersoli. 50 cal lyman gp pistol, perc

Last edited:
Back