• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

fine fellows

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good but for the peas (ugh), unless they are in a very good pea soup (yum).
Thank you for these cooking demonstrations. They are very good videos of interesting foods.

This "recipe" certainly appears to be something that were I hungry, I would be far more likely to ask for than the Black Pudding, although, hunger probably has driven people to try something "different" and that food proven to be tasty.
These foods are the sorts of things that my adoptive grand parents consumed, because they butchered their own animals.

Actually, I miss the beef and kidney pie my wife used to make.

If you walk into the meat section of a supermarket and ask them for beef kidneys you get that stupid deer "headlights in the eyes" look as their jaw drops. "You eat kidneys?"

Who thinks up these things?

Sausage. Who decided, "Hey, let's pack some meat into the part of the pig that the [redacted] goes through, then eat it!"?
LOL, yup, BUT
When things like sausage were originated they had to use what they had, what came from the farm.
They could not just run to the store and buy ready made sausage - or order collagen cases from LEM.
Sheep casings are my personal favorite - smaller than hog casings but much thinner and give that delightful "snap" when eating sausage packed in them.
I do still do a lot of hog casing for big sausages.

If you walk into the meat section of a supermarket and ask them for beef kidneys you get that stupid deer "headlights in the eyes" look as their jaw drops. "You eat kidneys?"

Find a meat locker, they will often have kidneys sale, or if lucky they will just give them to you.

That is tomorrow's lunch decided then. Devilled kidneys on toast. Lambs are the best. Sheep generally provide the best wobbly bits although rabbit livers are a gnat's even better.

How to make proper fine fellows. Delicious with gravy, mushy peas and potatoes in your preferred form. fine fellows have been around since Pontius was a pilot.

I thought "fine fellows" was a British (or London) cigarette …

Back