• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Extra long rifle barrel maker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklite

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum, I am very new here. I am currently brainstorming the creation of a Jezail/ Middle eastern-style rifle with an extra long barrel. Some of the rifles I have seen have barrels as long as 57 inches, and I decided 50-54 inches would be a good length for a reproduction. I was curious if anyone knew custom barrel makers who could make rifled barrels that long. If not, a smoothbore barrel would also be acceptable, as Jezails were made with both rifled and smoothbore barrels.

I am fully aware that this barrel length is impractical, I am mostly interested in the history of this type of rifle.

Pictured: Middle Eastern guns with 50+ inch barrels for reference

Attachments

• 51 inch jezail.jpg
    51 inch jezail.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 9
  • very long jezail.jpg
    very long jezail.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone,
Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum, I am very new here. I am currently brainstorming the creation of a Jezail/ Middle eastern-style rifle with an extra long barrel. Some of the rifles I have seen have barrels as long as 57 inches, and I decided 50-54 inches would be a good length for a reproduction. I was curious if anyone knew custom barrel makers who could make rifled barrels that long. If not, a smoothbore barrel would also be acceptable, as Jezails were made with both rifled and smoothbore barrels.

I am fully aware that this barrel length is impractical, I am mostly interested in the history of this type of rifle.

FCI Barrels

Hoyt or Rayle are the best bet. I know rice and fci both offer 48 inch barrels so might be worth asking what the limit of their machinery is.

Hello everyone,

Don't know if you would be interested but I have a Jezail lock if you want to use that on your rifle project.
It's date marked at 1813.IMG_2023-02-08-10-48-03-284.jpgIMG_2023-02-08-10-51-12-102.jpg

Last edited:
Just in my minds eye I see Bugs Bunny and the hillbillies. Having guns much taller then themselves when they shot they vibrated and shook for several second before the boom

Back