• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

External spring wheellocks from Graz

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few pictures from my visit about 2012

1674647694239.png

I really tried to get photos that showed how deep the parts were. Most photos are square from the side.

1674647965356.png

1674648046617.png

Last edited:
ChrisPer,
I have been wanting to make a lock like the one you show last above. It has a very novel way of releasing the scear!
a wedge-shaped that pushes the sear out of engagement. Of course, this was likely from a dual purpose weapon. Have seen similar on a battle axe.
Having said that, I'd like to make up a tinderlock with this type of trigger, just to see how it works!

Yes, It was Michael I believe first posted this enchanting lock!
Thanks for showing it to us again!

I was under the impression that all/most of the Tschinke wheellocks were made in the 18th Century. A sort of re-introduction for wealthy hobbyist types for hunting. And usually made in small, rifled calibers. Or, maybe they were made earlier and just refurbished and used for sporting purposes at the time(?) Don't really know. Maybe others can enlighten me. Thanks.

Rick

Back