• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Exploding projectiles

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is why they lost the war. Gettysburg would've turned out differently if the fuses had detonated above and not behind the union line.

I agree that if they had better technology they might have won more battles, such as Gettysburg or Antetiem, but I think the north would have still won in the end. It just would have gone on longer. At the end of the day, it always comes down to which side has the stronger / deeper economy, assets, and political will to sustain hostilities.

I agree that if they had better technology they might have won more battles, such as Gettysburg or Antetiem, but I think the north would have still won in the end. It just would have gone on longer. At the end of the day, it always comes down to which side has the stronger / deeper economy, assets, and political will to sustain hostilities.
Correct, with the naval blockade, the ACW became a logistics war, not a tactical or strategic war..., and it was just a matter of time. Same happened in the AWI..., British already on the verge of bankruptcy, couldn't really wage a protracted war across the Atlantic...., it was "over" three years before the shooting stopped.

LD

Back