• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

exit wound on a boar ising 535 gr no excuse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
got some pigs coming back so i took my handy .54 white mountain carbine loaded with no excuse .535 bullets wonder wad 80 gr pyrodex p. shot distance 25 yards completely wrecked the heart and lungs exited off side with massive wound and spewed blood several feet from the hog he took a couple steps

Attachments

• SAM_0010.JPG
    SAM_0010.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 3
got some pigs coming back so i took my handy .54 white mountain carbine loaded with no excuse .535 bullets wonder wad 80 gr pyrodex p. shot distance 25 yards completely wrecked the heart and lungs exited off side with massive wound and spewed blood several feet from the hog he took a couple steps
I have shot some with a .62 trade gun. That’s a bigger hole than mine!! I’ve seen hogs hit 4 or 5 times with a.30.30 and never break stride they are hard to bring down but not with that cannon.

Y'all done blasted em good.
I shot one a couple years ago with my NEF Handi rifle in 280 Remington. Never found so much as a hair or drop of blood, so I have personal experience with hogs. Definitely hard to kill.

Have to love that kind of performance. A sane amount of powder and a big lead slug. Be a good load to sit waterholes for bears with.

BUG EYES EMOJI.JPG

You will never be under gunned if you have a .54 cal. M.L. I have never shot anything with mine except deer but I am sure the bigger animals would fall as my deer did? Perfect load 80 grains powder and a round ball.

Congrats! good shooting! Here in SC we have no closed season on hogs, and it's deer season now. There are special muzzeloader hunts on some public land, deer season is mostly just deer rifle season. Large boars can be un-edable, and hogs can have very dangerous paracites! Unfortunatly I don't know this from theory but experience! lol

Back