exit wound on a boar ising 535 gr no excuse

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

Reaction score
got some pigs coming back so i took my handy .54 white mountain carbine loaded with no excuse .535 bullets wonder wad 80 gr pyrodex p. shot distance 25 yards completely wrecked the heart and lungs exited off side with massive wound and spewed blood several feet from the hog he took a couple steps

Attachments

• SAM_0010.JPG
    SAM_0010.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Dismount

40 Cal
Reaction score
got some pigs coming back so i took my handy .54 white mountain carbine loaded with no excuse .535 bullets wonder wad 80 gr pyrodex p. shot distance 25 yards completely wrecked the heart and lungs exited off side with massive wound and spewed blood several feet from the hog he took a couple steps
I have shot some with a .62 trade gun. That’s a bigger hole than mine!! I’ve seen hogs hit 4 or 5 times with a.30.30 and never break stride they are hard to bring down but not with that cannon.

deermanok

45 caliber
Reaction score
Y'all done blasted em good.
I shot one a couple years ago with my NEF Handi rifle in 280 Remington. Never found so much as a hair or drop of blood, so I have personal experience with hogs. Definitely hard to kill.

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Have to love that kind of performance. A sane amount of powder and a big lead slug. Be a good load to sit waterholes for bears with.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score

BUG EYES EMOJI.JPG

LME

50 Cal.
Reaction score
You will never be under gunned if you have a .54 cal. M.L. I have never shot anything with mine except deer but I am sure the bigger animals would fall as my deer did? Perfect load 80 grains powder and a round ball.

Reaction score
Congrats! good shooting! Here in SC we have no closed season on hogs, and it's deer season now. There are special muzzeloader hunts on some public land, deer season is mostly just deer rifle season. Large boars can be un-edable, and hogs can have very dangerous paracites! Unfortunatly I don't know this from theory but experience! lol

Latest posts