• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Excited about this new renegade I just got

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im really not sure why so many people will say ditch the Pyrodex use holy black?
Historical Accuracy and Period Correctness - and they enjoy the stench of rotten eggs. Is my guess.

I used Pyrodex for a spell back in the late 1980's, when real black became near impossible to find locally.
(the Internet had not been invented at the time, and I did not have a computer, anyway.)
It shot well enough in the CVA rifles and (steel framed) reproduction revolvers I had back then.

I think I currently have two pounds of FFg Swiss, and around a half pound of RS Pyrodex in reserve.

Great score, ditch the pyrodex and use the holy black!
I think @Howie1968 ’s hair looks good in his photographs and see no reason to switch to Holy Black Pomade.
upload_2020-1-19_22-22-19.jpeg

Personally, when shooting muzzleloaders, I am a fan of Swiss powder, fff in particular, but if I found a gun or guns that preferred Pyrodox, I wouldn’t hesitate to use it. Always have to let the gun tell you what it likes.

Still not sure what you didn’t like about Howie’s hair??

This one is 50 caliber I have a couple that I had turned into .58s that I love this one I'm having a LRH barrel made for it 1-28 twist 50

You got a heckuva deal on your Renegade. I bought one a few years ago and it is a real shooter. IMHO the Renegade sights are better suited for target shooting than the sights on my TC Hawkens.

Back