• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Excessive Fouling in my Cabela's .50 Hawken 1:48 twist

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an older CVA that was a police auction gun. No telling how long it sat in an evidence locker with the bore slowly rusting. It was pretty bad when I got it and I figured worst case, I'll have Bobby reline it. I did the Scotch Brite thing and a pass with some valve grinding compound followed by a thorough cleanup. I call it my sewerpipe on a stick. It's an ugly duckling for sure, but it's a great example of how a bore can be salvaged to useful status. It's now one of my round ball teaching guns. And here's how it shoots with my custom minie for 50cal.

View attachment 115858

"I call it my sewerpipe on a stick. It's an ugly duckling for sure,"

Well many a sewer pipe polished up a tad became a successful career politician, so why not a Rifle ?

Latest posts

Back