• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Everyone doing alright after those storms?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks, just checking in. Got pretty nasty this week around here. My house got hit by a 'nader, just recently got my power back - luckily didn't have any real damage although my neighbors had their fences thrown across the county. I know it's not real active in this here forum but I figured I'd check up and see if anyone else had any troubles from that ugly front that came through on Wednesday. Never thought I'd see 70 and sunny, tornadoes, dust storms, smoke, tornadoes, and snow all in the same day...

- Bear

Glad to hear you survived this nastiness.

Mostly a snow and cold producer for us here. 9" of snow with another 1" that came in last night. Bitterly cold -6 with wind chill right now at 230 in the afternoon. Expecting -12. Horses are in the barn, sheep are covered with thick wool and are doing fine. They live for this weather. Outside livestock guardian dogs have plenty of shelter with thick straw in them, and will usually curl up with the sheep to keep warm. Silly buggers have one sheep that adores sleeping in their shelter (calf hut) and I find all three dogs and one sheep curled in a pile. They live for this weather too. Super thick coats this year. We had some wind out of this, but not nearly as bad as most places. No roof's lost, no trees or branches down here. I'm in North East Wyoming.

My tractor, on the other hand, is pissing me off. Dead battery this morning, got it charged, and now it wont idle right. I can drive 3-4 feet forward then it tries to stall out on me, even after letting it run for 30+ minutes to warm up. If anybody knows how to fix a 1953 Farmall Super M, please let me know!!!

Glad to hear you survived this nastiness.

Mostly a snow and cold producer for us here. 9" of snow with another 1" that came in last night. Bitterly cold -6 with wind chill right now at 230 in the afternoon. Expecting -12. Horses are in the barn, sheep are covered with thick wool and are doing fine. They live for this weather. Outside livestock guardian dogs have plenty of shelter with thick straw in them, and will usually curl up with the sheep to keep warm. Silly buggers have one sheep that adores sleeping in their shelter (calf hut) and I find all three dogs and one sheep curled in a pile. They live for this weather too. Super thick coats this year. We had some wind out of this, but not nearly as bad as most places. No roof's lost, no trees or branches down here. I'm in North East Wyoming.

My tractor, on the other hand, is pissing me off. Dead battery this morning, got it charged, and now it wont idle right. I can drive 3-4 feet forward then it tries to stall out on me, even after letting it run for 30+ minutes to warm up. If anybody knows how to fix a 1953 Farmall Super M, please let me know!!!

I don't mind that kind of weather but I'd be lying if I didn't tell you it seems awfully darn early in the year for it, to me. I love Wyoming and we get our share of the same but you guys sure get a lot more of it. Stay warm and keep that powder dry!

We had some feisty winds, I think sustained 70 MPH for a bit there with gusts of 85 or so and the 'nader that tried to get the jump on me was around 100 MPH winds according to the NWS. But that's rare here, I've spent a bit of time in southeastern Wyoming and I know that the every day gusts there at least can be every bit as bad as our usual worst - anything north of 40 MPH is pretty unusual here. Not that it doesn't happen, especially during a blizzard. But rare.

I think it was a Model M that my dad grew up in the fields with. But he got out of farming long before I was born, so I'm afraid I can't be of any help there!

Back