• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Every Website that "has" caps seems to be a scam

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for some percussion caps and when I search and go to the site that says they have them on stock...they accept payment only from some or all of these methods, PayPal (friends and family I would guess), Venmo, Zelle. Cash App...in other words only methods that you can't come back on them when they rip you off. No credit card option.

After I see that on the checkout page, I use the site "scam-detector" and run their site name through. None of them were out of the caution area and some were at the 0 out of 100 scale. Most "had" CCI #11s for $4.99. I guess the old saying, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Why the scarcity?

I just submitted an inquiry on CCI's website asking when they will be availabel again...I'll post their response when (and if) I get one

The brick & mortar stores have been stocking them like Bad Karma said. And I posted on finding them recently. I haven’t looked in the last month or so because luckily I’m very well stocked with #11’s. But I wouldn’t mind having a few extra cans of #10’s. I would try to dedicate a day and a tank of gas and hit every place you know of that might have some. If things were the way they should be you could just call around until you found some, but my experience is that you can’t believe what they tell you now over the phone. Not much real service anymore.

If you want to check Walmart, use this link to check inventory Brick Seek Walmart Price Checker . It should already have the CCI SKU number in the search engine. Enter your zip code and it will tell you which Walmarts in your area has CCI #11 caps in stock. If the SKU number doesn't show up, the SKU for CCI #11 caps is 824707657. None of the Walmart stores in my area have them, but several stores 50 to 60 miles away have them. I haven't seen any that were priced above $6.00 per 100, most were priced at $5.62 per 100.

Brick Seek Walmart Price Checker

If you want to check Walmart, use this link to check inventory Brick Seek Walmart Price Checker . It should already have the CCI SKU number in the search engine. Enter your zip code and it will tell you which Walmarts in your area has CCI #11 caps in stock. If the SKU number doesn't show up, the SKU for CCI #11 caps is 824707657. None of the Walmart stores in my area have them, but several stores 50 to 60 miles away have them. I haven't seen any that were priced above $6.00 per 100, most were priced at $5.62 per 100.

I picked plenty of caps from Walmart last month.
Great place to get them cheap.

Just got 1000 from Kentucky Gun Co on line a couple of weeks ago also I believe Graf and sons have them in stock

I may not be smart enough to run that program. It’s telling me that no Walmart in Colorado has caps… hmmm 🤔

I may not be smart enough to run that program. It’s telling me that no Walmart in Colorado has caps… hmmm 🤔

Wal Mart had stopped selling guns and hunting stuff in urban/city areas. You have to go to a way out in the rural locations to find some gun stuff still being sold in them. The Walmart app may be deliberately not showing in stock some items. Maybe they are catering to their rural local customers.

My local Dunham's has #11 caps for days

Dunham's sucks nuts. I would not buy spit from them. I have had trouble with that store a couple of times. First time my wife was going to buy a rifle from them and they accused her of trying to buy it for me. Just because she was a girl buying her own gun. Second, we tried to do a refund because of an item manufactured shotty and they refused the refund.

Do not shop at Dunham's in Cadillac, MI they suck.

Funny but yes the Walmat near me still sells firearms. In fact when I first got my BP revolvers (a couple of months ago) I actually got 2 tins of #11s there and there were probably 4 total there. Had I known that they are as scarce as hens teeth I would have bought all they had. I have checked every time I have been back since then and the rack has always been empty. Checked other local places too, no luck.

I mistakenly bought 1000 #10 CCIs online. Luckily I had purchased Slixshot nipples for both guns so I chucked the old set for the Dragoon in the lathe and filled them down to accept the 10s…went a little too small on some of them so I laid some soft solder on them and filled that down by hand to get a better fit. Don’t know how that will hold up over time. I have not messed with the original nipples for the Remington, I’d like to get the 11s and just hold on to the 10s for extras I guess.

Latest posts

Back