• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Every now and then.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
....Jess gets her act together, like today for instance.
Whilst rabbit hunting one bolts towards its hole.
I fire but no rabbit. Inspect hole and sure enough pellet holes and fur!

I encourage Jess to dig.
20210117_134815.jpg

When she gets deep enough I can't see her tail she gets it and drags it out alive!
Good girl Jess.
20210117_140017.jpg

Always a good time is had with a muzzleloader.
20210117_141204.jpg

The last hunting dog I had was a Beauceron very intelligent but a little head strong. Not a scent hunter but good on point command and sight. He and I spent many a day in the field just roaming on acers and acers of land. If I wanted a brush pile checked out all I had to do was point and say seek and he was on it. I lost him in 2013 and haven't had the heart to get another.

Britsmoothy: I sincerely enjoy your posts and photos, especially when you include Jess and bunnies. Please take this post as a guarantee of a pre-order of your to be published book of your hunting tales.

Britsmoothy: I sincerely enjoy your posts and photos, especially when you include Jess and bunnies. Please take this post as a guarantee of a pre-order of your to be published book of your hunting tales.
A "capital" idea.

Especially 'cause it will upset a certain snob when it sells well. Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brit,
This is a curiosity question, or questions; are your seasons on rabbits open year round to keep the populations in check? I enjoy watching videos of other gentlemen in England, and elsewhere, have permission to clear the landscape of numerous rabbits with their 22's and other rimfires. Sometimes dozens are shot in a short amount of time.
Also, as long as I remember we were told to be aware of "Rabbit Fever" or Tularemia, and to not eat any rabbits before the first frost of the year (in Ohio rabbit season opens the first weekend of November, so that is not a concern). Is this a concern when you pot a coney? The videos of your fellow Brits, and those in Australia that shoot in warmer weather don't seem to be bothered by this disease, as they are cooking large pots of rabbit stew in their shorts and t shirts.
Thanks for sharing your hunting exploits in far off lands.

Back