• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Events in Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee thunder

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know of upcoming BP events in Texas? I am in central Texas, know a few BP shooters, but there doesn't seem to be any organized interest. Let me know....

There is a small rondy at La Vernia (near San Antonio) in two weeks (April 27-29). Information is on the Texian Legacy website. From the website:

"Buckskinners and Texas History reenactors are invited to the Boyd Harrison Memorial combined event April 27 - 29. Boyd was a dedicated living historian and camped with both groups. Each group will have a separate period camp, demonstrating camp life and period activities. Boyd's family, fellow teachers and students will be special guests Saturday to see this facet of Boyd's life. The campsite is on 800 acres near Cibolo Creek near La Vernia, and period dress and gear is required. Thursday 26th: open for setup, informal shooting matches. Friday & Saturday lots of competitions & round robin trading, Saturday potluck shared with guests, Sunday informal competitions & decamp. Fees: Rendezvous competitors $15, family $20, reenactor camp fee $10. No added fees for traders / sutlers, please let your favorite outfit know. Lots more info and a map available from Joe Wolf 830-935-3121 or [email protected] ...Ask about the shooting events, too much to detail here. This event rating is 3 1/2."

For other events, contact Joe Wolf above, or Fritztown Free Trappers. For Texas Republic era reenactments statewide, see the calander at Texian Legacy Association.

Hope that this helps. I might have more info if you tell me what you are looking for.

TxRambler

Sounds like the type of thing tha interests me, I don't have the period equipment, would like to visit one of these events and see more for myself. Thanks for any information that you can provide.

I can just point you in some directions.

San Jacinto is next weekend, biggest 1830's reenactment in Texas. Near Houston, so may be out of the way for you. (April 21, big crowd. Camps close about 2:00 to prepare for battle at 3:00.)

Did a search of Fritztown and came across this at [url] http://buckskinning.org/texasfreetrappers.htm[/url]

"Muzzleloaders! - Looking for a group that has monthly shoots ?

The White Smoke Brigade is new muzzleloading group in the Central Texas area. They have monthly rifle and pistol matches.

Matches will he held at ranges from 10 to 100 yards.

Matches are held on private land on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Matches begin at 9am.

There will also be a sub-group, The Texas Free Trappers, that will organize mountain man rendezvous once or twice a year.

The event fee is $10.00.

For more information
Contact Joe Wolf at 830-935-3121 any time

Images from past shoots"

Joe W. is organizing this rondy in two weeks (La Vernia). I think that Saturday is "open to the public day" I plan to camp in the Texas Rev camp, call Joe get details, stop by and say Hi.

After San Jack the Texas Rev groups pretty much shut down until October. The revolution lasted from Gonzales in October 1835 to San Jacinto in April 1836, so fortunatly we do not have to fight through the summer. Good thing - too hot.

TxRambler

Last edited by a moderator:
yes big time activities in TEXAS there is a Ft Worth MUSTER this weekend April 27th through Sunday 29th and also you just missed 3rd week in March "The Southwestern Regional Rondezvous" 100's of people, in Hearne Tx. Also in the fall OCT the Annual Christian Family Days Rondezvous in Ft Parker.

Latest posts

Back