• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euroarms of America

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a Euroarms of America reproduction J P Murray Confederate Calvary carbine in 58 cal, percusion. Very good condition, just a few scrapes on the stock. It was used by a Civil War reenactor who decided he's getting too old for such things.

I haven't been able to find a value. Any idea of the current retail value?

After some searching, I found a couple that sold 15 years ago in the $300 range, and one that sold about 6 months ago for about $485 (after buyer's premium). Does the $485 price sound reasonable?

After some searching, I found a couple that sold 15 years ago in the $300 range, and one that sold about 6 months ago for about $485 (after buyer's premium). Does the $485 price sound reasonable?
It really depends. From a reenactor standpoint, it's only useful for a cavalryman. If you plan to shoot it live, it's a gamble. Many reenactor guns I've seen might look great on the outside, but the bore might be toast. Prices are all over the place for reenactors, but a 3 band musket is generally more desirable than a carbine or 2 band.

It really depends. From a reenactor standpoint, it's only useful for a cavalryman. If you plan to shoot it live, it's a gamble. Many reenactor guns I've seen might look great on the outside, but the bore might be toast. Prices are all over the place for reenactors, but a 3 band musket is generally more desirable than a carbine or 2 band.
Thanks, I also bought a three band, Armi Sport, with bayonet. The last one of them I sold brought $800 (without the bayonet). I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I'm about an hour from Gettysburg. I'd hate to hold them until next July, but I hate shipping them as well.

Thanks, I also bought a three band, Armi Sport, with bayonet. The last one of them I sold brought $800 (without the bayonet). I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I'm about an hour from Gettysburg. I'd hate to hold them until next July, but I hate shipping them as well.
You could always try my competition flavor, old video, but highlights all the arms we shoot live, including artillery-

My 1861 Cook & Brother will go nowhere! Shoots .562 or .570 PRBs like a target gun and the .576 500 grain Mini Balls are a close second

Attachments

• 20220802_065035.jpg
    20220802_065035.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Back