Euroarms Colt Navy Revolver Replacement Nipples

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Iron Jim Rackham

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Euroarms Colt Navy revolver. What do you recommend for replacement nipples, and where can I order them ?

Eutycus

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I will be following this thread with some interest. I need to replace the nipples on an ASM and would be interested in what the experts say. Pretty sure that Euroarms is an Italian clone too.

Erwan

40 Cal
Reaction score
I did change that on my wife's Remington .36 Euroarms 1973 (XXIX) around three weeks ago and I put six Pietta nipples, I don't think that this could be different for a Colt navy ...

Enfield58

40 Cal
Reaction score
I highly recommend Slix-Shot nipples. In order to determine which thread pitch to purchase do this:

Remove one nipple. If it looks like a coarse thread = Uberti SAE U. S. Thread. If fine thread = Pietta Metric

Best option: Take the nipple to ACE, Lowes, or Home Depot. The hardware dept will have a Thread Diameter and Pitch gauge on the wall. Screw the nipple into the test holes.

Again; if Metric, order the Pietta nipples. If it is SAE, order the Uberti nipples.

Here's where you can get the Slix-Shot nipples: SliXshot Black Powder Nipples

I also highly recommend their Slix-Driver: SliX Driver

Erwan

40 Cal
Reaction score
Remove one nipple. If it looks like a coarse thread = Uberti SAE U. S. Thread. If fine thread = Pietta Metric

Best option: Take the nipple to ACE, Lowes, or Home Depot. The hardware dept will have a Thread Diameter and Pitch gauge on the wall. Screw the nipple into the test holes.

Again; if Metric, order the Pietta nipples. If it is SAE, order the Uberti nipples.
Ewan said:
I did change that on my wife's Remington .36 Euroarms 1973 (XXIX) around three weeks ago and I put six Pietta nipples, I don't think that this could be different for a Colt navy ...
This isn't necessary at all, the Pietta's are going on the Euroarms cylinder :

Last edited: