• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

EuroArms Brescia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a copy of a Colt or a Remington? An exploded view of any of the replicas will show you what the parts look like, they are all the same except the parts may or may not interchange with other brands. As far as the recommended load and ball size the members here will be of more assistance than the manual and that goes for maintenance too. Let us know what your are trying to find out.

Euroarms was an importer and did not manufacture revolvers. Look on the bottom of the backstrap and you might see a stylized GLB, which was the logo for a small manufacturer in Brescia, Northern Italy. Does it have a date code? It will most likely be in Roman numerals on the right side of the frame.

Regards,

Jim

Euroarms, formerly Armi San Paolo, was a manufacturer located in Brescia. They are no longer in business having sold out to Pedersoli. Euroarms of America was the importer and was located in downtown Winchester, VA. All of the buildings in that block have recently been demolished.

Their site is still acessable and the exploded views can be found with this link though they are no longer in business and no parts are available.

http://www.euroarms.net/Avancarica/AVHTM/esplosi.htm

Thanks for all the feed back. At this point I just want to shoot it, I shoot bp rifles but never a handgun. My dad left this to me with a box of .451 round balls. I’ve read a bunch of different post on ball size, charge size, wads no wads, greasing the chamber on top of the ball and loading methods. Which do you all prefer.

If you just want to shoot it and are starting out a good place to start is 20-25 grains of 3f black powder. You could use 2f if that is all you have or Pyrodex P with similar volume measurements, not weight. Years ago I used that load and a .451 ball with Crisco smeared on top of the ball to prevent chain fires. Grease/Crisco on top of the ball is messy, but it will work. I now use felt wads over the powder that has been treated with a beeswax, lard, paraffin mix. There are many recipes or commercial wads available if you want to use that. The old Crisco technic will work and is all I used for years. The one thing to look for is when you load the .451 ball is do they cut a very thin piece of lead from the ball as you load. If so they are tight enough. Many also use .454 or even .457 diameter balls. I would try it with the caps you have, but I have decent luck with Remington #10 caps or CCI#11 on many of my revolvers. This should give you a start. Also, don't leave it uncleaned after a shooting session.

What loading does, IF the ball is correctly oversize, is to cut a very thin ring of lead from around the ball, thus ensuring that it has a good seal in the chamber. If you want to put gloop over the end or use wads between the powder and ball, then have at it. I've been shooting BP handguns since around 1968, and have not ever done either. Take a peek inside a Colt box and read the label pasted there - if there is any mention of either using wads of gloop over the chamber end, please let me know.

However, many fine shooters use a filler, like semolina or similar, between the powder and ball - just to bring the ball flush with the end of the chamber. However, I go to the range to shoot, not to practice my cookery skills, so I don't do that either.

YMMV.

If you just want to shoot it and are starting out a good place to start is 20-25 grains of 3f black powder. You could use 2f if that is all you have or Pyrodex P with similar volume measurements, not weight. Years ago I used that load and a .451 ball with Crisco smeared on top of the ball to prevent chain fires. Grease/Crisco on top of the ball is messy, but it will work. I now use felt wads over the powder that has been treated with a beeswax, lard, paraffin mix. There are many recipes or commercial wads available if you want to use that. The old Crisco technic will work and is all I used for years. The one thing to look for is when you load the .451 ball is do they cut a very thin piece of lead from the ball as you load. If so they are tight enough. Many also use .454 or even .457 diameter balls. I would try it with the caps you have, but I have decent luck with Remington #10 caps or CCI#11 on many of my revolvers. This should give you a start. Also, don't leave it uncleaned after a shooting session.

Thanks for the info. Love shooting bp but ugh another gun to clean, well worth it though.

Back