• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Engraved Powder Horn (#18)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I finally finished my newest horn (#18). It features a fluted spout, lots of border and decorative elements, including an hovering Owl on the lobe. The map is of a part of Lake Champlain and the two inscriptions are my own ("Be Keen of Eye And Pouder Dry" and also in lovely script, "By Providence Prevaile".
The Poplar wood base plug is engraved with a simple, decorated cross and the No. 18 inscribed under the lobe.
The dimensions are 11" from top to plug base, and 2- 1/2 wide by 2" high.
This horn can be worn on the right or left side very well.
I aged the horn's appearance with dyes and rubbed back back areas to show wear. It has a shellac and wax topcoat sealing.
This horn has more engraving than most and I have incorporating shading which adds a more artistic affect, I think.
Asking $300 which includes shipping/insurance to the lower 48.
Thank you for looking!

Attachments

• 18 c.jpg
    18 c.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 18 d.jpg
    18 d.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 0
  • 18 e.jpg
    18 e.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 18 f.jpg