• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD English Trade knife??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy Folks, Two Feathers here:

Here’s one for all you guys (and gals), looking for a more modern feeling “hunting” knife, but one that retains that late 1700’s Fur Trade era look. The price is $125.00 + $15.00 s&h USD$’s to any of the 50 United States. It’ll be shipped, and insured by Priority mail.

Disclaimer: I recently withdrew this sale because I got some grief about calling this knife a PC Hunter. So after doing some digging online, I found some English Trade knives by a very reputable maker (whose name I cannot display due to copyright laws). I’m now calling this an English Trade knife from the late 18th. Century fur trade era.

If you have issues with my explanation, please PM me and I’ll show you the knife images and the maker’s name, in private.

The knife is 8” overall; with a 4-5/8” long; 1-1/4” wide blade, and its razor sharp!! The blade is made of 3/32” thick 1095 High Carbon steel.

The handles slabs are beautifully figured Curly Maple and are held on with (3) 1/8” iron pins.

The Mountain Man Sheath is made of 5 oz. top quality vegetable tanned tooling leather, dyed Dark Brown in color. It has been X stitched with artificial sinew in a natural color for a more PC appearance! It also has a second stitch line of artificial sinew along the interior of the full sized welt. The belt/sash slot will take a 2-7/8” wide belt or sash. The welt is to protect the stitches. Please, buy American, and support our local craftsmen.
1622653054467.jpeg

This knife will fit right in at your next encampment, shoot, rendezvous, or at a vacation weekend campsite. It will cut patches, cut your steak, peel your spuds, and field dress your game: from a Wood Chuck to a Moose. This IS truly “the one knife does it all…knife.” It’s a whatever kind of a knife you want it to be….knife?

This knife is what my dad used to call “The Bees Knees” or "The Cat's Pajamas". If you’ve grown up in the N.E. U.S. you’ve probably heard those?

It looks the late 1700’s Fur Trade Era part, but functions just like a 21st. century knife. I designed this knife to fit your hand perfectly for ultimate control during use.

This is the one knife you REALLY need. It’s a Work Horse!

I ship/sell to Canada, but all prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. Shipping outside of the US is costly. Prices will vary accordingly.

I prefer PayPal, but I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1additional week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 004 edited 70.jpg
    New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 004 edited 70.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 368
  • New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 003 edited 70.jpg
    New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 003 edited 70.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 365
  • New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 002 edited 70.jpg
    New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 002 edited 70.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 284
  • New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 001 edited 70.jpg
    New PC Hunter 5-12-2021 001 edited 70.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 247
How much for the Beaver Tails? :ghostly: Great looking knife. I really like the neck knife I got from you with the snake skin sheath. I've had to guard it with my life every time I got to a Primitive Archery Gathering.
Really like the sheath. On a Beaver Tail note- the guy you told me about that sold Beaver Tails has not gotten back with me. I have sent him several emails.
Maybe soon.
Mike

Hi Mike:
I'm off line right now due to computer issues. I'll get back to you hopefully later today or tonight? My computer is supposed to be done later today?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Mike:
Still no computer, hopefully tomorrow?
I'm thrilled that you like your knife and snake skin sheath. Please don't let it get away!! It's a one of a kind. I'll probably never make another one?😁
God bless:
Dave

How much for the Beaver Tails? :ghostly: Great looking knife. I really like the neck knife I got from you with the snake skin sheath. I've had to guard it with my life every time I got to a Primitive Archery Gathering.
Really like the sheath. On a Beaver Tail note- the guy you told me about that sold Beaver Tails has not gotten back with me. I have sent him several emails.
Maybe soon.
Mike
McClura:
I'm terribly sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant my Beaver Tail knives? My apologies. Since I was trying like the Devil to do things on my phone, I didn't realize what you meant? Now I know. I'm sorry, but the Beaver Tails aren't for sale.
I'm also very sorry that Brad hasn't returned your emails. I just got one from him, so I know he's still alive. :thumb::)
Did you try his personal email address? I'll PM it to you, that might get you a quicker reply with that?
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hey folks:
This is the last time I'm "jumping" this listing to the top. If someone doesn't take this knife soon, I'm withdrawing the listing. My knives never set for this long, so I think I need to just yank this one and toss it?
Thank you for all your business.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Hey folks:
This is the last time I'm "jumping" this listing to the top. If someone doesn't take this knife soon, I'm withdrawing the listing. My knives never set for this long, so I think I need to just yank this one and toss it?
Thank you for all your business.
God bless:
Two Feathers
I've noticed people haven't been buying as much recently unless it's a "super deal". Maybe pull it and relist it October, November time frame. :dunno:

I've noticed people haven't been buying as much recently unless it's a "super deal". Maybe pull it and relist it October, November time frame. :dunno:
kje54:
Thanks for the advice. I may do just that. I had a customer come here and he looked it over and said "I can't see why THIS hasn't sold yet?"
I had noticed the same thing recently? My knives NEVER take this long to sell; or at least get some interest.
God bless:
Two Feathers

kje54:
Thanks for the advice. I may do just that. I had a customer come here and he looked it over and said "I can't see why THIS hasn't sold yet?"
I had noticed the same thing recently? My knives NEVER take this long to sell; or at least get some interest.
God bless:
Two Feathers
It's a nice knife and if I was a knife collector I would have bought it long ago. A: I'm not really into knives, I already have more than I'd ever use and B: I just laid out a bunch of money on some super deals I found on modern firearms,accessories and ammo so I'm tapped out anyway.

It's a nice knife and if I was a knife collector I would have bought it long ago. A: I'm not really into knives, I already have more than I'd ever use and B: I just laid out a bunch of money on some super deals I found on modern firearms,accessories and ammo so I'm tapped out anyway.
kje54:
NO problem. God knows I'm not trying to pressure ANYONE into buying one of my knives? They sell OK on their own. I was just making an observation/comment. Thank you for clarifying, but I didn't expect you to buy any? A lot of the guys here are NOT into knives. Bad for me, good for them.:~)))
Maybe one day you'll see one of mine you do like?
Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers

kje54:
NO problem. God knows I'm not trying to pressure ANYONE into buying one of my knives? They sell OK on their own. I was just making an observation/comment. Thank you for clarifying, but I didn't expect you to buy any? A lot of the guys here are NOT into knives. Bad for me, good for them.:~)))
Maybe one day you'll see one of mine you do like?
Thank you again.
God bless:
Two Feathers
I already have one of your patch knives. Right now the only knife I might be interested in is a Bowie knife but that's for later down the road after I pay off all my current purchases.

Irony of Ironies; I'm working on a Bowie right now? :~))) No telling how long before it's finished? I'm not really a "BIG" knife guy, so it may be awhile?
Yup, I see that you got one of my Original design patch knives, thank you. I hope it's still working out well?
Thanks for the advice on my knife listing.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back