• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE English Style Striker Flint and Steel Set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just letting everyone know that these flint and steel kits are top-notch. I have zero experience with using flint and steel for fire starting and was successful on my first attempt using one of Mr. Hawk's kits. I tore a small piece of the kits char cloth off and laid it on the flint at the edge where I would be striking with the steel and once I figured out how hard and at what angle the flint and steel needed to be at I had a glowing ember on the char cloth. I had already had a very small bird's nest made from the kit-provided hemp and after a few breaths, I had flames. I did it a second time to see if I was just lucky on the first one and presto chango I got another fire going. His kit made it easy.

Attachments

• flint and steel 1.jpg
    flint and steel 1.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 0
  • flint and steel 2.jpg
    flint and steel 2.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 0
  • flint and steel 3.jpg
    flint and steel 3.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 0
  • flint and steel 4.jpg
    flint and steel 4.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 0
Our new large English style striker has a an extra beefy striking surface and throws a huge shower of sparks. This is an excellent choice when using natural plant tinders instead of charcloth. ( wood punk shown in photo )

Each Flint and Steel Set comes with a striker, sharp English flint, a roll of charcloth, jute nesting fiber and instructions. $26.00 by cash, money order, bank draft or Paypal. No charge for shipping within the US.

And if you need it, technical assistance is free.

View attachment 6547
Please PM me for your email so I can put it through PayPal (I'm assuming you still have these in stock?).
***Please disregard the above message***
Do you know when you will have more of the English style steels?

Last edited:
Our new large English style striker has a an extra beefy striking surface and throws a huge shower of sparks. This is an excellent choice when using natural plant tinders instead of charcloth. ( wood punk shown in photo )

Each Flint and Steel Set comes with a striker, sharp English flint, a roll of charcloth, jute nesting fiber and instructions. $26.00 by cash, money order, bank draft or Paypal. No charge for shipping within the US.

And if you need it, technical assistance is free.

View attachment 6547
What E mail etc do I enter for purchase/paypal

Back