• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE English Style Striker Flint and Steel Set

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom A Hawk

Cannon
MLF Sponsor
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Our new large English style striker has a an extra beefy striking surface and throws a huge shower of sparks. This is an excellent choice when using natural plant tinders instead of charcloth. ( wood punk shown in photo )

Each Flint and Steel Set comes with a striker, sharp English flint, a roll of charcloth, jute nesting fiber and instructions. $26.00 by cash, money order, bank draft or Paypal. No charge for shipping within the US.

And if you need it, technical assistance is free.

upload_2019-3-12_18-28-47.png

Our new large English style striker has a an extra beefy striking surface and throws a huge shower of sparks. This is an excellent choice when using natural plant tinders instead of charcloth. ( wood punk shown in photo )

Each Flint and Steel Set comes with a striker, sharp English flint, a roll of charcloth, jute nesting fiber and instructions. $26.00 by cash, money order, bank draft or Paypal. No charge for shipping within the US.

And if you need it, technical assistance is free.

View attachment 6547
Put the technical assistance in print form, written like stereo instructions........... :D

I am sorry, I did not quite understand your reply. I have Paypal, but I don't see any instructions of how to order it.
Bill Kekatos

I am sorry, I did not quite understand your reply. I have Paypal, but I don't see any instructions of how to order it.
Bill Kekatos
Sign into PayPal, look for the Send Money box and click on it, insert his email when it asks for it continue then it will give you the option of sending the money to "Friends and Family" or "Business". If you choose Friends and Family he won't get charged a fee, click on send.

Things like addresses, phone numbers, E-mail addresses, and other personal things are best left unwritten in the posts on the forum.

This forum is read world wide by tens of thousands of people every day. While most of them are honest, there's always a few crooks that would like to gain personal information about others for their own use. That's why I strongly suggest that all of the information like this is done using our Private Message system.

It is called a "Conversation" on the forum. To use it, put your cursor over the name or avatar picture of person you want to send the message to.
That will open a window that has several choices. Click on the one that says, "Start conversation".
When the conversation window opens, give the message a title. Then write whatever you want to write. When your finished, click on the "Start Conversation" button at the bottom to send it.

Your PM's are shown in the envelope at the upper right hand area of the screen. If it has a number in it, you have that many unread private messages.
Click it and then open your messages.

As a side note, these conversations are totally private. Only the people invited to be a part of the discussion can read them. That means, even a forum moderator like me cannot open or read a PM unless I am included in the discussion by the person who started it.

Thank you all for your replies. I thought that as a vendor there would be a link to the appropriate website (as Mr. Hawk has sent me in a conversation). so no personal information, just how to contact the business, which would be public information anyway.

Thanks again,
~WH~

Would that be a pre-1800 Altoids tin? Just kidding. No, they are too large and also I am out of stock for a couple of weeks. More coming from my blacksmith. I do have a two finger striker on the website that would fit.

1609801248615.png

Strikers are interesting: sizes and shapes (lots to choose from, I always stay away from ones with corners (the sharp corners are always wearing holes in your equipage), rounded seem to be easier on its surroundings).

striker-bents.jpg

This is a copy of one found at Bent's Old Fort in Colorado.

Easy to hold but like mentioned will wear holes in your gear if not careful.

Latest posts

Back