• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super looking gun but are there not better locks for later Flint guns. Our locks progrested after 1780 into semi water proof very fast small panned machines with very precice geonometry which allowed Shooting-flying,running deer or shushys. O.D.
Small L&R Manton maybe & wrist escution perhaps a trifle oversize but great job no doubt about that . What are' Shushys ' O D ? never heard of shushys running or flying .
Regards Rudyard

Very nice work!

Ive become a huge fan of the English style over time, I find the stock design fits me much better, much more user friendly, as well as having their own classic look.

Can I ask what butt plate you used?
I agree with you about the English Style. The balance and stock design are so much better than a Hawken I built many years ago. Not to mention it feels so much softer on the shoulder.

It is an english rifle butt plate from TOW.

What a beauty and you did a great job of presenting it in the proper fashion that the gun deserves. I don't usually do this, but if you don't have time to work up a load, then just send it to me and I would be more than happy to work out the rough spots for you at no charge. Just a thought ;)

Small L&R Manton maybe & wrist escution perhaps a trifle oversize but great job no doubt about that . What are' Shushys ' O D ? never heard of shushys running or flying .
Regards Rudyard
Hey Rudyard,I spent a lot of my early life in South-West Worcs. because of WW11. From Spring to Autumn there were a lot of Roma people picking fruit,pulling Hops and then potato picking. Most of the wider roadside verges were full of Varda's with camp fires. We kids used to sneek behind the hedgerows to see them at camp. They always knew we were there and asked us in their language to come to the fire. These though out casts,were gentle people who loved their family's and kids and the land and it.s inhabitants. Their name for a wood pigeon was Quois and a bunny was Shushi and roasted over a wood fire there is nothing you have ever tasted is better.Unfortuately these people where classed as Traveller and became classed with the Irish Tinkers..Refer to song " Gipsy's,Tramp's and Thieves. Go Well.Hope family are well and eating lots of Wild intrusive whatever.. OLD DOG

Very nice rifle, can you tell us how that you fit the under rib? I have a Jaeger barrel that I was hoping to use on a halfstock.

Very nice rifle, can you tell us how that you fit the under rib? I have a Jaeger barrel that I was hoping to use on a halfstock.

It's one of the hollow ribs from MBS, soldered on. Getting ready to install the same rib on an octagon to round barrel.

Did you taper it to fit straight or just bend it?

I did not taper it although I probably should have at the muzzle. The one I'm doing now I am spreading the rib at the flared portion of the muzzle so it sets down straight. Of course being a round barrel it is easier to fit, but I think the same thing could be done on the octagon.

Back