• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD English Flintlock Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Kit bought from one of the Guys here maybe 8+ years ago, started and before too long, I burned myself out.
The "build spirit" just up and left town for greener pastures. Partial build sat unfinished for quite a few years.
Parts even went it hiding for about a year or so. Finally came out of hiding so bolted them down so they couldn't run off again.
Partial builds and loose parts don't last long so,...
found a builder that was really wanting to build the Fowler for me so off to Ohio it went just before Christmas.
Got it back in late March/early April.
It's YOUR build so do it like YOU want.
From looking at it, anyone interested will probably know more about it than I do.
UNFIRED build. Sparks good.
1" OCT to 15/16" at the ring then round barrel. 46 1/4" long. Plum brown finish. 60 caliber, 20 gauge?
Polished brass furniture.
White Lightning touch hole liner.
Queen Ann lock.
Curly Maple stock.
Inlay and carving behind the tang was a well received surprise. ;)
LOTS of B C True Oil finish.
Very light trigger pull. 62" OAL.
LOP? 13 1/2" from trigger to center of butt.
DROP? 6 1/4" to center of butt.
One small spot behind/under hammer needs to be relieved and touched up where it rubs. (can't get a close up pic) No biggie.
Ram rod for looks. (too short) Comes with Gun Sock and New 48" dark brown Delrin nylon 7/16" rod from TOTW.
Shipped in custom made packing/box. Cost over $120.00 + shipping to get it back, insured. And "long box" cost more NOW from USPS.
Not thinking I'll be shooting it so it needs to go to someone that will appreciate and shoot it. Not shooting my other MLs so no use keeping this one around to rust from me drooling on it.
No trades and NO I won't be giving it away.
$1700.00 CASH or PMO. PM if interested, Mike.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 538
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 575
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 578
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 589
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 575
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 591
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
435 views and no takers? Getting real close to "Close Ad" time.
Now if someone has a Remington XP 100 in .221 Fireball they would be interested in trading + or - $$$, I may be interested. :)

Im a guy that needs this gun but between my being in Canada making shipping a hassle and the fact that I just ordered a Pedersoli 20ga SxS flinter buying this would likely b result in divorce if I was lucky, if I was having a bad day when she found out it would be much worse 😁

I’m interested, just don’t have the dough atm. Anything else you’re looking for other than a xp100 in 221? Even multiples?

In the process of thinning down the rigs I don't shoot. When you see "fuzz" in the ML barrels from not being shot or handled in a long time, it's time for them to find another home where they will be loved and appreciated.
I think now I'am more into building than shooting and my center fire rigs are easier to clean but they're not even getting shot that much. Time for some changes.

Was thinking about the "fuzz". "Patched ball" not that tight in the bore so no contact between the low points in the bore. If "For Sale" everybody wants to see the "bore"? My bet? More "fuzz" in their barrels than most will admit. :oops:
Also, seems to be something about black powder, cleaned/lubed and being put away for any length of time, fuzz shows up?
As mentioned before, not the same "fuzz" issues with center fire rigs.
Inactivity seems to be a BIG contributing factor? :oops:

Ads been running for about a month and no takers. Real close to closing it down so it doesn't take up space. :(
Some folks suggested you posting more photos if your Fowler. It looks like a fine gun so market it some more. If I was gonna buy one, yours looks like a good contender!

Actually, she's Ambi. Writes right handed, eats left handed, cuts fabric left handed, does lots of things right or left handed and when we go out to eat, I make sure she's on my left side so we don't bump elbows.
And after 58 years, wouldn't have her any other way.
She IS my better half .:D ;)

Im left eye’d, left handed, left footed and when I get confused (lost) I do big ole left circles! :rolleyes:😁

RM

I've been known to run around in circles too. Comes with age. :oops: ;)
Blessed are they that run around in circles for they shall be known as wheels. :)

One thing I've done that I'am really liking is shooting my left hand Savage rifle right handed. (I'am right handed) Thought about it as a bench gun so I ordered up a left hand Model 12 repeater action. Picked up an Ambi stock, mounted the action and headed to the range. LOVED IT!! Enough that I ordered up a right hand thumbhole BR style stock, mounted the lefty action on a Whidden V Block and went shooting.
Right hand stays in the thumbhole while my free left hand feeds ammo and works the bolt.
Only problem now is when shooting my right hand rigs, I have to take my right hand off the stock to work the bolt. Not caring too much for that. :(

I've been known to run around in circles too. Comes with age. :oops: ;)
Blessed are they that run around in circles for they shall be known as wheels. :)

One thing I've done that I'am really liking is shooting my left hand Savage rifle right handed. (I'am right handed) Thought about it as a bench gun so I ordered up a left hand Model 12 repeater action. Picked up an Ambi stock, mounted the action and headed to the range. LOVED IT!! Enough that I ordered up a right hand thumbhole BR style stock, mounted the lefty action on a Whidden V Block and went shooting.
Right hand stays in the thumbhole while my free left hand feeds ammo and works the bolt.
Only problem now is when shooting my right hand rigs, I have to take my right hand off the stock to work the bolt. Not caring too much for that. :(

Ha!!! LOL! Funny! You all discombobulated! If it works, who cares! I’m good shooting cap guns on the right but flint guns are annoying. My dad, would not spring for the extra cost for a lefty so I grew up doing the reach over. Once I made my own coin got it straight. Same with archery.

All joking aside, that is a really nice Fowler and the price is right. Someone will pick it up. Have you tried the American Longrifles forum?

RM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back