• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

EMF?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lenl349

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with EMF company. they are an online distributor and manufacturer and have some very good prices on black powder pistols.

I thought there was a connection. thanks. always leery of people i never dealt with. like the old saying, "if it's too good to be true..."

Pietta does not own EMF.

EMF is the main U.S. importer of Pietta revolvers into the country and are an authorized Pietta repair center.

They have excellent customer service. The owner of the company personally called me to finalize my order for my 2020 Pietta London Navy last month. About a year ago they were out of stock on that model and I emailed the company to be placed on the waiting list for that gun. They called saying they had exactly one that came in (COVID really hit the Italians hard) and if I wanted it or not. I did and it was in my mailbox 3 days later. Its been a fantastic sixgun for me.

EMF is SERIOUS about their customer service. I’ve only dealt with them once but can not recommend them highly enough. Their prices are VERY competitive as well. I’ve never heard a bad word about them and would not hesitate to use them again.

My $0.02.

Pietta does not own EMF.

EMF is the main U.S. importer of Pietta revolvers into the country and are an authorized Pietta repair center.

They have excellent customer service. The owner of the company personally called me to finalize my order for my 2020 Pietta London Navy last month. About a year ago they were out of stock on that model and I emailed the company to be placed on the waiting list for that gun. They called saying they had exactly one that came in (COVID really hit the Italians hard) and if I wanted it or not. I did and it was in my mailbox 3 days later. Its been a fantastic sixgun for me.

EMF is SERIOUS about their customer service. I’ve only dealt with them once but can not recommend them highly enough. Their prices are VERY competitive as well. I’ve never heard a bad word about them and would not hesitate to use them again.

My $0.02.
Hey Smokey Plainsman .. worth at least a nickel … :thumb:

I purchased an 1851 Navy from EMF back in 1988, and shot the living snot out of it. Using mainly full up, compressed 3F loads with roundball.

I passed it on to a younger guy getting started in the hobby, and I imagine he's still shooting it. Great gun, wished I still had it.

I purchased an 1851 Navy from EMF back in 1988, and shot the living snot out of it. Using mainly full up, compressed 3F loads with roundball.

I passed it on to a younger guy getting started in the hobby, and I imagine he's still shooting it. Great gun, wished I still had it.

EMF doesn’t make revolvers, that gun was probably a Pietta.

Same way Cimarron does not make guns, nor does Taylors. Despite what some guys think!

Same way Cimarron does not make guns, nor does Taylors. Despite what some guys think!

I was not stating or implying that at all. I purchased it from EMF, and it was clearly marked with the maker's mark.

For $75, btw. ;)

I was just looking at an 1860 Army on their site. I have 5 other replicas, some Pietta some Uberti, the pic of the 1860 I saw had 4 frame screws, the usual hammer, bolt, and trigger screws in the usual places and a 4th, smaller one, located between the trigger and bolt screws. It is not a shoulder stock screw, anyone know what it might be for?

I think the small screw is the trigger screw and the one behind it is the shoulder stock screw or at least that is the way I see it in the photo. Go down to the right side photo of the "old silver" army.

Emf has been around for like 60+ years. History from website below. EMF + Earrly and Modern Firearms. IIRC. USed to be the least expensive arounf and sold moderate to High Quality items . I have had many MLs and Cartridge SAA from them over the years none of which have failed to do what they were designed to.

https://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/About-Us-d1.htm

Bought a Remington revolver several months ago from them when somebody on this forum said they were having a sale ($200!!). The locking bolt on for the cylinder pops up at exactly the correct moment - there is no drag on the cylinder at all! Can not complain at all about the workmanship.
Mike

In the past EMF has usually pushed quantity sales as a means to lower price. I have SGN issues back to early 80's offering deep discounts and sales on multiple purchases. We used to buy 4 of their "plainsman" kentucky style rifles at less than a c note each and sell rest to get one "free" plus some. DGW was same way.

Back