• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Emeline's Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frogwalking

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Here is the beginnings of a little hunting rifle I am making for my grand daughter. It is a scaled down rifle built on a fowler shape with a very slender, 31 inch, .40 caliber swamped Rice barrel. The lock is a small Siler from Chambers. I found a very small Lancaster styled buttplate at TOW. he stock is an odd piece of plain sawed sugar maple where one side will have some tiger stripe and the other is a quilted pattern. I chose a fowler pattern because, to me anyway, a fowler handles better than most rifles I have had, and the ornamentation is less for a hunting gun. The girl is 16 years old, 5'5" tall, and the rifle has a 12 3/4 inch trigger pull.

The single trigger is pinned through the wood, and has a very nice pull. I anticipate the finished rifle to weigh about 6 pouds.

Nice, slender LR and so far your shaping has removed all the wood that doesn't belong. Waiting to see the finished product.....Fred

Very nice Frog! Also happy to see your lil grand daughter is getting a flintlock! That has CLASS all by itself! :thumbsup:

Please post a picture of Emeline with the rifle when it is completed. I am sure she will enjoy the rifle as much as you do.

Fleener

I am slow, so it will be a while. In the mean time, here is her brother shooting the Tennessee rifle I made for him.

That is a very good picture. Now, concentrate on the one for your granddaughter. Maybe some build in progress shots... :hmm: :thumbsup:

I am slow, and am finishing a generic Lancaster now too. There is nothing to show on the latter as the stock is being finished in one place, and the barrel is being rust blued in another. Here is the latest on Emeline's rifle. I had to order a new trigger guard as the fowler guard I had was too small. The guard must be small as she does not have large hands.

I have removed a lot of excess wood and am working on the lock panel. Can't go too far until I get the new trigger guard in the mail, and filed smooth.

Latest posts

Back