• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Elmer Fudds Revenge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not mailing mine but here's a picture to show that I actually shot. I would be really interested in any opinions about what happened here. I don't know what order the hits or the complete miss were in, but something is very wrong with my offhand. I was aiming for center body where two shots hit but I somehow pulled the other three badly. Any ideas what I was doing so wrong?View attachment 10374

The reasons are legion. It could be any thing that Ames mentioned. Or none of them. I will say this. My rabbit target looks very much the same. That was a tough target and danged if I can say why. Maybe it was the shape? I dunno but my shooting was worse than usual. Brit should run away with this one, he shoots wabbits and hares all the time. :)

I try to pull the trigger when my wobble is on the target. :( Also, when I shoot these targets I try to do them first thing after I go to the range. I'll shoot a few rounds at another target from the bench to see if the particular gun I'm shooting is on and then I shoot the postal target. I find if I shoot later in a shooting session I don't do as well. Fatigue?

Another question, do you shoot off hand regularly and if you do is this an anomaly as your targets go? For me off hand is hard to do and to be consistent. I may group a couple of balls real close and the next two are somewhere else. That gets back to my shakes and wobbles.

russellshaffer, please don't be tryin' ta eat that thar hopper. He got what peers t'be 'at 'er wabbit leaky belly disease. It gives a wabbit "GB", "Gaspuffy Belwey"; rare but dwasticwee dangerous. They swewl up to 'bout burst an' start weaking nasty Bunny Farts. Dat be sickwee gas and make peoples ill til yous awl puke inside out. Please Be Careful! We don't be wantin' t' loose nobodies from the shooter friends.

I do most of my shooting off hand because I like to practice the same kind of shooting I'll do hunting. I do take some kneeling shots and once in a while off the bench to test a load. But for the most part its standing, offhand. Also like Kansas Jake I shoot my mail shoot target first. My best shots are the first bunch usually.

Charlie44gs your target arrived today. I have you on the scorecard.

Kansas Jake, I'm hoping your target gets here before Friday so I can add you. Your's plus an Honorable Mention for RussleSchaffer (cant score it cause you didn't mail it) would put us to 15 shooters. I'm fairly certain that's the most ever since I've been doing this.

I'm glad more folks are shooting these. I find them a good excuse to get the smoke poles out to the range and it is fun to see how my wobbles and wiggles stack up with other folks. I don't take these too seriously, but do try to do a decent target.

I'm of like mind with you, KJ. More people make it enjoyable as a comparison. I enjoy that it is an excuse to go shoot. For me, I shoot my flinters 90% of my shooting. First, it's my practice and enjoyment. Second, it makes me a better shooter with all the weapons I have. I'm over 70 yo now and admit I do well shooting, But I'll also admit I'm nothing like the sniper I was between 30 and 45-48 yo. (5 - one hole bulls at 250-300 yards with a Winchester 30.06, .243 my loads.), BP 50's w 2-4X's w/ flinter to 50 yds. I've always shot .54 or larger until 60 yo. Now, I have a .45 perc pistol and a .50 cal Hawken to do playtime with. When I shoot, I'm usually 3-5 hours at the range with about 4-7 firearms. I was always frustrated to see the high membership numbers of the few sites I'm a member of. And with those, 15K members belonging, less than 10 participate while probably 10% of them complain the don't get to shoot until they get ready to DEER hunt or they don't have a reason to go shoot. Boggles the mind. I don't need a reason, but one that help me justify it to the better half always works. I'm not sure Adui would enjoy scoring 100 targets let alone a few thousand. But, THANKS, Adui for what you do do.( wow, that sounds funny). I shoot three sites postals (some have stopped and others started, monthly club shoots and just my practice and playtime. So, let's all keep making smoke and encourage others to join in.

Adui, my envelop with my target to you was returned to me by the USPS today. It seems I forgot to include "St" at the end of the street address. That is the only thing I can see that is wrong. The post office is definitly not what it used to be when they actually could find someone. Go ahead and post up the scores for folks.

upload_2019-6-8_13-50-4.jpeg

Here it is. It was shot with my 32. Open sights

Thanks for shooting Kansas Jake.

With that, here are the scores:
Richard Ditman takes the trophy with 7 points
PK and Bledfordays tie for second
SMO Nessmuk and Cankenny tied for third.

Honorable menton to Kansas Jake and Russel Schaffer for at least shooting it

Heres the score sheet:
Name Total
Richard Dittman 7
PK 6
Bledfordays 6
SMO 5
Nessmuk 5
Cankeney 5
Britsmoothy 4
Charlie 44 4
Maven 4