• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Elmer Fudds Revenge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who here felt sorry for little ol' Elmer sometimes?

My friends, this month we are WABBIT hunting!! Use the target attached

Scoring is simple; body shots count for one point head shots count for two. To be considered a head shot it must clearly be IN the head, forward of the ears and above the body area.

As always 5 shots standing with the muzzle loader of choice. Please indicate if peep sights are used.

Fire 5 shots only, misses count!

The shooting distance for this contest is 25 yards.

No do-over’s.

Only registered forum members may participate.

Only traditional, open iron sighted muzzle loading firearms; peeps are allowed under the condition you mark your target so I know you used a peep. (Tracking it)(NO Cannons) . Percussion or flintlock ignition. Cap and Ball revolvers are OK.

Single patched round ball only. No restrictions on caliber. (a patchless ball may be used if so desired)

Shots will be taken off-hand at the stated distance. Standing or seated is allowed, elbows unsupported by anything other than the shooters torso. In the event that a member is not physically able to hold his rifle up unsupported, a "prop-rod" that is supported only by the shooters torso, no part of which prop-rod may touch the ground, may be used to hold up the fore-end of the rifle.

Only original targets will be accepted. No copies, faxes, scan, etc.

Mutilated targets, or targets with more than 5 holes will be disqualified.

The center of the shot and the placement on the target will be determined by the judge.

Judges decisions are final.

Each contestant's score will be posted at the end of the contest.

Your member screen name must be written on your targets.

As stated above if you use peep sights that too must be marked on your target. (Pretty Please!)

Mail your target postmarked by May 31st 2019 to:

Terry Stephens
251 S 90th St
Mesa AZ 85208

Attachments

• Wabbit.pdf
    16.4 KB · Views: 650
So, what do ear and tail shots count. That is probably where my shots will hit. Let's see, two in each ear and one in the tail.
You know, if I was going to be mean I'd say negative points for wounding the critter that will undoubtedly get away. BUT.... I did that once before and didn't really like the end result so not again, this time they just don't count at all

Folks, it was brought to my attention that this target will use a bit of ink. My apologies for that, I didn't think about that fact when I picked it. IF enough of you have issue with this in the next day or two i will find a better target and post it. If not, it is what it is.

History shows that at one time, not only in The US of A, hunting season was in for what food you needed or had a taste for. People hunted and harvested what they NEEDED. But they ONLY took what they needed, not what they felt like killing. I've had tags unfilled. Not because I couldn't fill them, but because the folks I felt could use the meats didn't want me to get it.Small game gets eaten quickly and what doesn't, gets properly cared for and frozen; then eaten in an expedient period. (Just a side note.) I'll shoot this rabbit because it is a nuisance at this time. He has everyone in a Tizzy as Grandma always explained. So, let's, "Load 'em up, hunt 'em down."

Back