• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SOLD Elk hide shirt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought a classic old chrome tanned elk hide a while back, and used the bigger part of it to make up this shirt. It's not fancy enough to be a "war shirt" but it does have an evocative look to it. We all learned back in the glory days of buckskinning 40-50 years ago that chrome tan was an historically incorrect tanning process, but it certainly yields a wonderfully soft, handsome and durable leather. Dimensions of this shirt are 51 inches from end of sleeve to end of sleeve, 25 inches across the chest below the arms, 31 inches from neck to tails and the neck slit is 10 1/2 inches wide. It's pretty tight when I put this over my head, so you will likely want to open it up some more. Sewn with artificial sinew, this is close to three pounds of elk hide. Asking $50 plus $15 for the medium flat rate priority box.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_196f.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196f.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 52
  • fullsizeoutput_196e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196e.jpeg
    346.4 KB · Views: 51
  • fullsizeoutput_196d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_196d.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.