• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Elk Antler pan primer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Two Feathers

62 Cal.
MLF Sponsor
Reaction score
Howdy folks, Two Feathers here:

I have another larger Elk antler pan primer. The price is $48.00 USD$’s shipped to your door in a padded envelope to anywhere in the actual 50 United States. The price is slightly higher on this one, than the last one, due to the increased "hollowing out" time and work on the much larger antler. I cannot ship this item to Canada, due to wildlife conservation laws.

About 75% of the inside is hollow. Filling will require some kind of a small funnel. You fill it through the removable valve. Just unscrew and remove the push valve, the threaded insert stays permanently in the antler, it WILL not come out! Be careful not to lose the little spring, then fill through the insert, screw the valve and spring back in and you’re ready to prime your pan. I have no way of knowing for certain (I have no 4 FFFF powder here), but my customer told me that the one he bought, held a BUNCH of 4FFFFg powder, my best guess is, this one will hold enough powder for about80- 100 shots? Each “push” of the valve into the flash pan will dispense 3 grains of FFFFg powder. DO NOT attempt to use powder larger than FFFFg! That will jam in the valve. It was NOT designed to dispense ANY powder larger than FFFFg.

The base is Curly Maple. It has been treated with Aqua Fortis and Linseed oil to bring out the grain and the beauty of the wood. I painstakingly tacked in the wooden plug with 21 very tiny solid Brass nails. The short tine has been drilled through for a carry thong. The antler has been “Cleaned” but left natural for a rustic look. I did polish it just a bit.

The best measurements I can give you are 6” long (end of valve to bottom of wood at the longest point, by 4” wide at the widest point across to “Y.” The thickest part of the cavity is 1” These are close, just in case you needed to know for fitting inside your bag, if you decide to carry it there?

This will fit right in at your next hunt; Rendezvous, or shoot? The first one I made lasted about 20 minutes on the forum before a great repeat customer of mine snapped it up. He’s very satisfied with his! I’m sure you will be too!

I cannot ship this item to Canada! All prices are in USD$ to the 50 United states. I prefer PayPal; but I also accept postal and bank money orders. MO’s will add 1 week for travel time. I ship same day as funds are received, the exceptions are Federal holidays, Sundays, PO hours, and severe weather.

If interested PM me here. As always, thanks for looking.

God bless:

Two Feathers

Attachments

• Newerst Elk antler primer 001 (Large).JPG
    Newerst Elk antler primer 001 (Large).JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Newerst Elk antler primer 003 (Large).JPG
    Newerst Elk antler primer 003 (Large).JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Newerst Elk antler primer 002 (Large).JPG
    Newerst Elk antler primer 002 (Large).JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 87
I bought one very similar to this one from Two Feathers, and it’s perfect! Looks and functions perfect. Mine holds more powder than my small Ted Cash primer that I have carried for years. Worth every penny!

Attachments

• AB4D5E6A-0BB6-47F9-9887-B447B3DA9370.jpeg
    AB4D5E6A-0BB6-47F9-9887-B447B3DA9370.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 23
I bought one very similar to this one from Two Feathers, and it’s perfect! Looks and functions perfect. Mine holds more powder than my small Ted Cash primer that I have carried for years. Worth every penny!
thompson50:
I'm glad to hear that you like it. I hope someone else finds this one appealing?
Thank you for your time to post; your feedback, and your business. If I can do anything else for you just ask.
God bless:
Two Feathers

Howdy folks:
My smaller one just sold in a few hours. How come no one wants this one, it looks almost exactly identical? 'Cmon guys, huntin' season is on us!!
God bless:
Two Feathers

I’ll take it if it’s still available. I’m new to flintlocks and picking up some nice accoutrements while I wait on my Kibler kit to arrive. Please send me your PayPal address and I’ll send the payment. Thanks! Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back