• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eli Whitney

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice hiding place, if memory is correct some old rifles were owner marked under the butt plate. When I first looked at it thought perhaps a reference for the main spring tension. Also the first four marks looks like letters the half oval looks like punch marks, wonder if this gun was owned at some time bye a western cattle company, and marked with a description of there brand. Like I said just thinking.

I was perhaps lucky to be able to shoot an original Whitney a couple of years ago, it was in near perfect condition. As it is staying with a friend over here in Norway, I might be able to see it and get pic`s if any one is interested. Now I am awaiting a replica Spiller & Burr, all exited even as I have shot Cap`n ball since the early 90s.

I am literally an antique firearms dealer. This is how I make a living. I would think that I have a better knowledge in regards to what the market wants.

No these guys don't necessarily shoot them, but being operational is an important part of making a sale of these guns, especially when they are not in the best condition cosmetically.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that's what the market trend is. Your "untouched" relic mindset is a myth perpetrated by gun shop counter neckbeards that have no idea what they are talking about.

Do you think I would have done $80k in sales last year if you were right?

Firearms will only be original and untouched once. As a collector I can tell you I’d rather have an original untouched vs a monkied with one.

And I honestly don’t care if you make $200,000 a year in sales. Facts are facts

I can buy waffenamt stamps off eBay and make a firearm more valuable and up my sales. But that doesn’t mean that collectors like firearms with fake stamps does it…? I’ll stop there because anything going forward could be claimed as slander towards your practice.

Last edited:
Back