• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eight hours on the hoof!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh OK, it thought they were heavier than that.
It's not to bad to be honest, not for what it is capable as well!
I carry a 6 something pound 20 gauge unmentionable woodcock hunting and, at my age, after 6 hours chasing dogs it feels like 20.;)

Just keep hunting, and writing your reports. I enjoy reading of your adventures.

Well folks I took a walk with big Ted the 10g out this afternoon. I let Jess run today and she treed 5 squirrels. She got absolutely filthy but loved every minute of it.
I ended the day waiting for roosting crows in order to empty the barrels. I took a crow with each barrel.
20211205_162956.jpg

The squirrels and crows went to my fox baiting area.

Once home, the stoves were refreshed with coal, Jess showered off and fed and then it was the guns turn.
In the photo below is my cleaning utensils.
20211205_171928.jpg

Can you spot the most important element to the cleaning process?
That's right, the kettle 👍😊.
I've had three days out and about with a muzzleloading shotgun and loved every moment. I've not burnt any nitro all weekend and lost ot to nothing! Long may it last.

Is that scotch for cleaning equipment? Can't see the label but I'm sure it
will work for man or gun. Now 10 gage seems a little heavy duty and heavyweight.
Great hunting. As an older Chap be sure to take supplements/vitamins and eat
a good diet. Would a 20 gauge get the same job done?

Latest posts

Back