• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eight hours on the hoof!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that scotch for cleaning equipment? Can't see the label but I'm sure it
will work for man or gun. Now 10 gage seems a little heavy duty and heavyweight.
Great hunting. As an older Chap be sure to take supplements/vitamins and eat
a good diet. Would a 20 gauge get the same job done?
Scotch is a very important cleaning agent. A drop of scotch never harmed a tired man.

This 10g will shoot right down to 1oz just fine.
I don't go with which gauge is better foolishness, I just get on with it. I could of used my 45 smoothbore today and got the same results but today was the end of a full weekend with the ten gauge.
My wife makes take vitamins and cooks well for us.

So what are the specs on Big Ted - gauge. length of barrels, weight and loads for pheasant? I hunt with a S x S 11 gauge antique Wiliaim Moore and it is not light. By end of day am switching to 12 gauge single barrel.

So what are the specs on Big Ted - gauge. length of barrels, weight and loads for pheasant? I hunt with a S x S 11 gauge antique Wiliaim Moore and it is not light. By end of day am switching to 12 gauge single barrel.
10g. Long enough, heavy enough, loads, anywhere from 1oz to 2oz. Thin cards for wads only.
By the end of the day I'm switching to a scotch đź‘Ť

One of my all time favorite things to do using my 10 ga. sxs , was hunt grey squirrels in a stand of old original mixed hardwood and hemlock trees. The sport of it was , to wait until two squirrels were in range, and shoot a double each opportunity. Actually pulled it off a couple times.
Couple of days ago , I walked about 200 yards through a yard , another 100 yards ,and up into a ladder stand . Sat from 2 PM until 5 PM. Saw a nice shooter buck at 5 PM , but it was too dark to try a shot. Just then my 82 yr. old hunting buddy sitting in another stand 100 ft. away , shot a small buck for the meat. The adventure was not the point. At 75 , it took me two days to recover , with a bunch of pills and hot food , w/ good hot coffee. Was very happy my old hunting buddy of 50 + years , got a buck. He was skunked for the last years, he was glad , too..................oldwood

Back