• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eig Eibar 12mm

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanger

40 Cal
Reaction score
Found this pistol at a gun shop and picked it up for a reasonable price. It is missing a ramrod, is there after mark replacements for this? Also what would be a reasonable load for this?
Thanks

Only picture I have at the time.

Attachments

• 87B2589E-5CEC-43D0-9B4D-F7AEEB1B7F74.jpeg
    87B2589E-5CEC-43D0-9B4D-F7AEEB1B7F74.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 58
You will need to make a ramrod, a good quality hickory one of the proper diameter to fit the thimbles. 3f, start at 20 grains and go up till you find an accurate load. 35 grains would be about a reasonable max.

The original ramrod was metal, I would guess cause there are no thimbles. The hole for its housing would be around 3/16” thick. I threw 15gr and 10gr of 777 3f, both times blew hammer back to half cock. Thinking it’s more of e relic gun, but hey the gun and knife only cost me $20 so I had to buy it.

.395 ball is about the biggest it will take with a patch. I will pick up a pack of nipples and give it a whirl.

Thank you Hanger for sending me to this post.
This is exactly what was given to me.
Now to shop for a replacement mainspring.

Last edited:
Back