• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Educating the Public

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received a phone call later Saturday evening. A friend was needing assistance at his table the next day at a local weekend historic farm festival. The fellow that manned the display table on Saturday wouldn't be able to show up yesterday until later in the afternoon on Sunday. When a display case filled with coins from the 1800's plus multiple rifles and pistols are out from the same era two people are certainly better than one to keep an eye on everything, plus the added benefit was explaining to interested persons the background of these items. I instantly agreed to meet him Sunday morning to help with this event.
Pulling together of few of my guns to add to his, and bringing some extra props to help describe how these Black Powder weapons work I arrived to the display table to prepare for what became a very enjoyable day of explaining and demonstrating the progression of the weapons and how they work to many groups of attendees.

Display Table.jpg

BP Revolvers.jpg

If you have the opportunity to become involved in this type of educational event I highly recommend it. It was truly fun and the folks really appreciated learning how our forefathers fended for their families as they settled into what we know as the Midwest and continued to fan out toward the plains and mountains beyond.

We need to inform people today that there are still people who use muzzle loaders and their historical significance.Ours is a dying sport and one of the reasons is lack of publicity.

Latest posts

Back