• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Eating size sow with the flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howie1968

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Yesterday before work I slipped into my ground blind. I had the traditions Hawken woodsman 50 with me. Loaded with Olde Eynesford 80 grains 3 F a wonder wad and TC maxi.ball. she got to 13 yards at the shot she turned hit her left front shot angled and came out close to her pelvis area. She's a eating weight 110lbs
FB_IMG_1584639267863.jpg

Part of me wishes there was somewhere close that I could enjoy year round hog hunting and another part of me is thankful I don't have to deal with the destruction and problems they bring.
What are your favorite ways of preparing them for eating? Smoking them, sausage, etc. etc.?

I agree, wish we had em like ya do in TX! I did see one last year wood cutting, was HUGE I got a good look at it, son thought was a bear and wanted to argue til his wife said she didn't know javalina got that big LOL.

I LOVE jalapeno sausage!

Nice hog Howie. I'm with Renegadehunter on the hog issue. Kansas spent a ton of money on eliminating the several herds of wild hogs in the state about 10 years ago. We had them at Ft Riley and could hunt them there when I first moved to the area. I never had the chance to do that. They were trapped and killed due to the tremendous damage they did to other wildlife on the Fort reservation. Southeast Kansas also had some that were eliminated with ongoing work to keep them from moving in from adjoining areas. The state made it illegal to hunt them to discourage the release of hogs. Farmers can get predation permits if they see wild or feral hogs.

Back