• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Easy to Make Target Board

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
With the Covid19 issue, our range is closed to the public. My SIL wants to go shooting this Sat at the farm, and he suggested pallets for target support. Bullet stop is not an issue. Pallets are a very crude way to set up a target, plus ya got to support them somehow. I had this tripod in the garage that originally held two halogen light fixtures for construction projects. After removing two bolts for the last remaining light fixture I fastened an angle to the top horizontal and a chunk of 1/4" masonite. It will work fine as long as there is no strong wind. If there is a strong wind, we won't be shooing anyway.
Flintlocklar:D
IMG_2317.jpeg

To make the board last longer cut a 8in. hole in the center of the board then fasten your target over the hole.
Good idea, but we can shoot the middle out first, then remove the material, or just change the 1/4" masonite. Easy either way.
Thanks for the idea.
What if my SIL misses the middle?????? What then? (LOL) Don't tell him I said that.
Flintlocklar:)

I found these brackets that can be hung on a T Post to mount a 2 x 4 . Simply put 2 T Posts in the ground, mount the brackets, screw on the 2 x 4's and a piece of plywood and you have a sturdy target board. I made mine using 8' 2 x 4's and a full sheet of plywood.... but I shoot a lot.

You can find them HERE

sEGhBjt.jpg

XHPJhP9.jpg

Good idea for all who need a target board. I would have simplified it and saved $20.00 by just screwing the 2 x 4 directly to the post.
Flintlocklar

I made this one to set up on uneven surfaces and hold several targets. doesn't weigh much and can just use rocks as something to keep it in place.
view target stand.jpg

Back