• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Easy Freezy, ends March 31, 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hanshi,
I bet you clicked on this thinkin' it was the results. :blah: :rotf:

Gimme a little while, I'm still doing my math. Results coming up real soon.

OK hanshi, and everybody else too,
Here's what y'all been waitin' for!
The results are here!

In 1st place....
MDK-WV with a 0.861" score! :hatsoff:
AND I have to mention his best shot measured just 0.026"!!! :bow:
.50 caplock Pedersoli Mt. Rifle

2nd is Stormcloud with 1.447"
.54 Hawken percussion

3rd is MHB with 1.592"
.54 Suffolk FL Plains FS

4th is Deadeye with 1.702"
.45 caliber in 35mph wind!
(Hey Deadeye, yep, I did make one of those target stands. Thanks again for the idea. :thumbsup: )

5th is Shooey with 3.060"
.50 flintlock

Maven scored 3.476 with a TC .56 smoothbore

Pappy 237 sent in a homemade card :hmm: with a score of 3.680 from his .54 smoothbore.

hanshi scored 3.683 with his .50 Early Lancaster

Pete D. sent in a 8.5" x 11" target instead of a 3" x 5" index card :slap: . :hmm: Now, I don't know how he would have had that 3" x 5" card placed on the paper. If it was vertical, he got a miss and got a penalty score as mentioned in a previous post, 4.185"
If it was horizontal he would have hit the card and scored 3.180". :idunno: :surrender:
Pete does get an honorable mention either way as he was our lone pistolero with a .50 underhammer pistol, one handed to boot!

RushCC got a 4.258 with his .45 Traditions KY

MTNBUM scored 4.277 with his .50 caliber.

Makeumsmoke scored 4.352 with a penalty for one shot off the card with his .36 flintlock.
Since the card was pasted onto a 8.5" x 11" paper I scored him at 3.141 if that last shot wouldn't have missed the card.

Two Shot comes in at 4.461" with his .54

And Smokepole Sam gets a 6.542 including one penalty shot with his .32 caliber.

I gotta say there was some great participation in this contest and some mighty stiff competition too! :thumbsup:

I've seen some of you guys improve quite a bit over the months/years I've been scoring these contests. Keep up the good shootin'! :hatsoff:

Hope you all had fun. Now get out there and dirty 'em all up for the next contest!

Oh yeah, makeumsmoke should be posting my score on here some time. I sent him a target after he volunteered to score mine. Thanks again Dan. :hatsoff:

Jethro, thanks for giving me a good reason to get out and burn some more powder. It was just my day to shoot and this was my personal best by far. I went from dead last in the last two shoots to first place this time so I am glad it happened when I had witnesses.

Congratulations to all of the other participants, tough competition. :hatsoff:

Congratualations to the winners and to everyone who got out there and shot and thanks to Jethro for putting it on and getting it done 4hrs. before the deadline. Deadeye

I'd like to echo what MDK WV said, a big THANK YOU to Jethro for giving us an excuse to shoot, and for fostering some good 'ol friendly competition.

-Shooey :hatsoff:

Well, great job everyone! It's always a good time to shoot, whether for a score or for fun. To reiterate what evryone else said, Thanks to you, Jethro.

This was a really fun shoot and I'm committed to the next one. The wind here can be a real deal breaker sometimes but I think pre punched holes should take care of that. :rotf:

You're all welcome. :grin: Believe me, I have just as much fun running the contests as you guys do shooting them.
Thank you all for playing. :hatsoff:

... but I think pre punched holes should take care of that.

:slap: My state-of-the-art powder and lead residue detectors can tell if the holes are real or not. That's all I am allowed to say as anything else is top secret.

Don't mean to be real critical, but that's not very hc/pc is it? :blah: Can't you just tell by smellin' it? :doh:

It was fun!
And another opportunity to work on my rocklock follow-through - I'm getting there!
mhb - Mike

Jethro did real well...I scored his so he could shoot...

Not bad for a flatlander shooting a 50 cal.

Jethro------2.437

Good shooting Guys it was fun!

Hey... that wasn't a .50 caliber! That was my Roy Stroh .54 flintlock! :grin:

Thanks again for offering to score my target.

I shoot some of the contests but don't enter my scores because it just don't seem fair for the guy doing the scoring to score his own target. :idunno:

Send your targets to me Jim "I'll taste test them!" :grin:
I'll keep ya honest! :thumbsup:

Back