• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Eastern CO buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Used a 58 caliber Hawken shooting a .570 roundball to take this mule deer on Sunday in CO. Son and I snuck in close and when he jumped up and stopped, I was able to get him. About a 40 yards shot. Real good time. The other deer remained bedded while we loaded him up in the truck about 100 yards from them. Muzzleloaders just don't seem to spoke deer much.

Had about 2 inches of fat on his hindquarters. Should be real good eating.

That classic stop after they run off while they decide whether you're worth running away for the final 1200 yards.... lol. You rock man. My deer hunting is very limited because of work this year. Hoping to get out this Saturday.

Beautiful buck mate, I'm dreaming of something like that when I get to the states.

Keep up the good work đź‘Ť

"Had about 2 inches of fat on his hindquarters. Should be real good eating."

I agree. Though I don't eat the fat of venison it usually means they will be much more tender than a buck that has run off the fat off chasing does. Congratulations on your success. Fine looking rifle, to boot.

Used a 58 caliber Hawken shooting a .570 roundball to take this mule deer on Sunday in CO. Son and I snuck in close and when he jumped up and stopped, I was able to get him. About a 40 yards shot. Real good time. The other deer remained bedded while we loaded him up in the truck about 100 yards from them. Muzzleloaders just don't seem to spoke deer much.

Very nice buck. Sweet gun too.

Appreciate the compliments. Been fortunate to have some success on mid Oct bucks in farm country the last few years. They have all been excellent table fare. Mostly whitetails but now also this mule deer.

Really nice!

Back