• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Early style smooth rifle .62 caliber

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale is an early style "smooth rifle" in .62 caliber/20 gauge. Bore is a true .620.
Gun was built from a walnut blank from Allen Martin
43" octagon to round barrel that is swamped slightly. this is a TOW "Griffin" fowler barrel I shortened an inch
Davis Colonial lock that is fantastic. Huge shower of sparks and smooth
Light single trigger...2-3 pounds and no creep
Iron furniture that I modified pretty much every piece.
13 5/8" LOP and has about 1/8" cast off
Gun weighs a hair over 8#s
This gun loves shooting Patched round ball. My favorite load is 65 grains 3f, a thin overshot card and a .595 ball and .020 patch lubed with mink oil. Shoots one hole at 25 and has always impressed me on out to 70-80 yards. Never put it on paper that far but it dusts limestone rocks and rings the gongs at that distance:>)

Price is $1600 shipped Priority. Payment by PP, check to clear or money order.

There's a few little white spots on the gun...that's just leftover renaissance wax polish.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    261.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    204.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 203
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 200
Thank ya'll for the kind words. To Richard Diller.....check your mail folder up by your name at the top right hand of the page. It's the little envelope icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back